Spyder and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Daniel Lewis

Jul 21, 2016, 9:54:47 AM7/21/16
to spyder
Relatively new to all of this, so please have patience with the noobie!

Attempting to run the pyscf package using Spyder.

This requires setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to search a certain directory.

I edited my .bash_profile to reflect this, and upon trying to compile and run pyscf in terminal everything works nicely.

When i go to Spyder however I am met with the error message i was getting in terminal prior to editing .bash_profile:

dlopen(/Users/Daniel/Documents/University/Research/Code/Packages/pyscf/lib/libcgto.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: libcint.2.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Daniel/Documents/University/Research/Code/Packages/pyscf/lib/libcgto.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Looking for help in getting Spyder to look in the right place.

I have tried a few other things i found online including:
 - editing .bashrc file
 - editing launchd.config file

Cheers!