Spyder3 stuck at Loading editor

Patrick

Jul 13, 2017, 7:54:22 AM7/13/17
to spyder
Hi,

I can't seem to get Spyder3 to start after installing Miniconda / Anaconda.

When I start it, I see the splash screen and it gets stuck at "Loading editor" and nothing happens, waited for like 10-15 min, it still says "Loading editor", no error in the console, nothing.

Windows 8, 64-bit
pyqt 5.6.0
spyder 3.1.4
Python 3.6.1

I've installed / reinstalled various versions of Anaconda and I can only get Spyder2 to run but not Spyder3.

I've also removed ~/.spyder and used spyder --reset without any luck

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Tarik Sidiki

Jul 16, 2017, 3:11:23 PM7/16/17
to spyder
Try executing from .exe you should be able to launch it.

Patrick

Jul 21, 2017, 12:18:42 PM7/21/17
to spyder
Tried that, still no luck ...

jayesh lokhande

Jan 23, 2019, 4:34:25 AM1/23/19
to spyder
Hey did you get any solution for that? Even I am facing the loading editor issue, I've tried reinstalling it several times but none worked. Please help me with it. Thanks