startup imports- how to remove sympy import

Joseph Slater

May 8, 2017, 2:20:42 PM5/8/17
to spyder
Is there a way to disable sympy import at startup? I can't find it, and I've been through the preferences multiple times. It conflicts with matplotlib so I want it "gone".

Thanks,
Joe

Carlos Córdoba

May 8, 2017, 2:24:46 PM5/8/17
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sympy is imported when the option in

    Preferences > IPython console > Advanced settings > Symbolic mathematics

is active.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 08/05/17 a las 08:39, Joseph Slater escribió:
Is there a way to disable sympy import at startup? I can't find it, and I've been through the preferences multiple times. It conflicts with matplotlib so I want it "gone".

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Slater

May 8, 2017, 9:29:16 PM5/8/17
to spyder
Thank you. I tried to delete this post but couldn't. After searching for 1/2 hour, I found it 1/2 minute after the post. Embarrassed...

Carlos Córdoba

May 8, 2017, 9:31:05 PM5/8/17
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Don't worry, it's not so simple to find because that option doesn't mention Sympy on its text.

Cheers,
Carlos