IPython displays image instead of text

Florian Leupold

Jul 28, 2015, 9:57:39 AM7/28/15
to spyder

Hello!

I have started using Spyder with QuTip (http://qutip.org) and am confused with the output in the IPython console.

In the console inside Spyder, I get an image as output:

In an IPython console in the Terminal (Mac OS), the output is plain text:

Does anybody know what causes this and how it could be changed? I would like to see the plain text output in Spyder as well.

Thanks!

Adrian Klaver

Jul 28, 2015, 10:12:40 AM7/28/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
On 07/28/2015 02:18 AM, Florian Leupold wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have started using Spyder with QuTip (http://qutip.org) and am
> confused with the output in the IPython console.
>
> In the console inside Spyder, I get an image as output:
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cHy-UBblG28/VbdIHuFRR8I/AAAAAAAAJ0I/dgEd1QA6EjQ/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-07-28%2Bat%2B11.13.08%2B.png>

I am not seeing an image, I see the same output as below.

> In an IPython console in the Terminal (Mac OS), the output is plain text:
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-M0tOFUszAYI/VbdIQZxCqyI/AAAAAAAAJ0Q/NxrsXjAjZs4/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-07-28%2Bat%2B11.13.24%2B.png>
>

> Does anybody know what causes this and how it could be changed? I would
> like to see the plain text output in Spyder as well.

Well they are different consoles. The Spyder version is the Qtconsole
version of IPython and the Terminal version would be the text version of
IPython.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian...@aklaver.com