Veusz plotting integration

Jeremy Sanders

Apr 20, 2015, 3:21:59 PM4/20/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

I saw a post from a few months ago discussing further plotting integration, including Veusz, which I'm the main author of.

One of the questions that came up was the problem of Veusz's license, GPLv2. Is this really a problem, given that PyQt4, used by Spyder, is already GPLv3 licensed?

The Veusz embedding interface lives across the process boundary. I don't intend for it to make the user bound by the GPL (though the embed module file does say it is covered by the GPL, which I should make a non-copyleft license).

If there are features I can add to the embedding interface, or if you want a stronger API, please let me know. It might be possible to switch on much of the main Veusz interface from the embedding interface, if that is useful.

Cheers

Jeremy

Big Stone

Apr 20, 2015, 6:01:19 PM4/20/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Do you intend to be PyQt5 compatible ?

Jeremy Sanders

Apr 21, 2015, 10:39:25 AM4/21/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, 21 April 2015 00:01:19 UTC+2, Big Stone wrote:
Do you intend to be PyQt5 compatible ?

There is a qt5 branch in the repository for PyQt5. It appears to work fine. I'm not sure when to switch over as I'm not sure about distribution support.

Jeremy

Adolfo Benitez

May 7, 2015, 4:53:11 PM5/7/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Good day Jeremy
I have  a group of data set that I already plot in veusz, a 2D graph pf power against time. I need to calculate the area under the curve.
The question is there is any integration function to develop the area of a irregular curve?
Thanks a lot for your attention
Kind Regards