Spyder ipython kernel dies with numba

Geoff Vallis

Jan 15, 2017, 2:32:34 PM1/15/17
to spyder
The following behavior started recently, but I'm not sure what I did, what what update caused it:

 I open Spyder (v 3.0.2) on a Mac (OS 10.12.) and then open an ipython console, and then type
In [1]:    from numba import jit
I get
Kernel died, restarting

I updated numba using conda, and still get the same behavior. However, if I open an ipython console independently of Spyder, the numba command works fine. Also, the command works fine if I invoke it from a Python console window in Spyder (not an iPython console window).

Also, could you remind me of the difference between the `default' Python interpreter (in the preferences box) and the python interpreter in my conda distribution (/Users/gkv/anaconda/bin/python in my case). Which should I use and why?  I usually use the Spyder I installed with conda, not the DMG, if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Geoff

Carlos Córdoba

Jan 15, 2017, 2:35:38 PM1/15/17
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please open a bug about this in our issue tracker to not forget to fix it.

Cheers,
Carlos