Export Css problem

saurabh vyas

Jun 15, 2011, 11:37:31 AM6/15/11
to SpriteMe
Well this is a huge problem i cannot export css sprite css of the site
http://www.mypets.net.au/

I have tried in all majour browsers

Background-position and image properties are empty

Does this work for you Do tell me

Thanks

saurabh vyas

Jun 16, 2011, 11:31:14 AM6/16/11
to SpriteMe
Please Help

On Jun 15, 8:37 pm, saurabh vyas <saurabhinora...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well this is a huge problem i cannot export css sprite css of the sitehttp://www.mypets.net.au/

Ben Ramsey

Jul 9, 2011, 7:20:39 PM7/9/11
to SpriteMe
I've had the same problem. I've tried it on every browser. On chrome
it won's export, but it will on Firefox, but the images don't match up
when you try to add the code.

I noticed that people have mentioned this issue, but no one seems to
have an answer. The author of this very cool tool mentioned to
someone that he is rather busy so maybe they could find the answer
themselves, but no one has yet.

Oh well, that would such if a tool that everyone can easily use goes
defunct.

Steve Souders

Jul 10, 2011, 4:13:17 PM7/10/11
to SpriteMe
Hi, Ben and Saurabh.

SpriteMe was one of the most exciting tools I've created. I love the
style of dynamically modifying the actual code of the website while
the developer looks on.

Often the tools I build are "proof of concept", that I hope will
inspire development in other tools or be adopted by someone else as a
dedicated open source project. Example include UA Profiler (now
Browserscope.org), Episodes (now in Drupal, New Relic, and other
frameworks), and ControlJS (perhaps indirectly motivated work in other
JS loaders).

The code in SpriteMe motivated some of the spriting logic in Page
Speed, so the code has been useful. Unfortunately, the adoption of
SpriteMe has been far less, by an order of magintude, than what I
expected. Therefore, I'm no longer actively working on it. I encourage
you to fork the code and continue development if you find it useful.

-Steve