Websocket support and fallback options

CMR

May 9, 2015, 2:03:55 PM5/9/15
to spray...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me if "Spray Websocket" supports fallback to "Long Polling" for browsers without websocket support (eg: IE 8) ?

Johannes Rudolph

May 11, 2015, 11:11:12 AM5/11/15
to spray...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there is no officially supported spray-websocket support available.
There are some third-party implementations available, you may want to
ask at the respective projects directly.

What you ask for is usually only available as a framework which
integrates server-side and client (browser) components like socket.io
does. There seems to be a third-party socket-io backend for spray
which may do what you look for:

https://github.com/wandoulabs/spray-socketio

Johannes
> --