Sports Result

Jason Johnson

Dec 10, 2013, 9:12:55 PM12/10/13
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
What are our thoughts around defining the results of a sports event?  Some properties we would want to capture would be:

- the statistics for the event
-- box score
-- per team / player stats
- the decision(s) for the event (winner, disqualified, K.O., etc.)
- attendance

Jason Johnson

Dec 30, 2013, 12:38:47 PM12/30/13
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
A new event proposal addresses the need for sports results like these.

Paul Kelly

Jan 2, 2014, 8:05:40 PM1/2/14
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see how this is done, markup-wise. For example, ResultType=winner applies to one team/player in an event and there will also presumably be a ResultType=loser.

Other questions:

How will the scores of an event be broken down by period?

What is a boxscore (listed below) other than a list of single-event statistics?

Jason Johnson

Jan 6, 2014, 12:52:14 PM1/6/14
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com, pa...@xmlteam.com
Paul - were your comments based on the new proposal and thread I linked, or based on the content in the original post of this thread?

Paul Kelly

Jan 6, 2014, 1:04:51 PM1/6/14
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
I guess I was confused which you were referring to in the email. It was about the results stuff? Are my questions really regarding stats or results? I guess I'm just confused about the stats/results distinction.

Jason Johnson

Jan 6, 2014, 1:18:34 PM1/6/14
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com, pa...@xmlteam.com
Perhaps the email view (vs. the google group view) didn't provide the necessary context.  I meant to say that this thread ("Sports Result") was deprecated in favor of the new proposal for 'Competition Events'.  This new event proposal includes the concept of a 'CompetitionResult' which addresses the ideas presented in this (now deprecated) thread.

Basically, close this thread and instead read the new threads on stats and events. :)

Make sense?

On 2014-01-06, at 12:52 PM, Jason Johnson <jasjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul - were your comments based on the new proposal and thread I linked, or based on the content in the original post of this thread?
>
> On Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:05:40 PM UTC-8, Paul Kelly wrote:
> I would like to see how this is done, markup-wise. For example, ResultType=winner applies to one team/player in an event and there will also presumably be a ResultType=loser.
>
> Other questions:
>
> How will the scores of an event be broken down by period?
>
> What is a boxscore (listed below) other than a list of single-event statistics?
>

> On 2013-12-30, at 12:38 PM, Jason Johnson <jasjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A new event proposal addresses the need for sports results like these.
> >
> > On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:12:55 PM UTC-8, Jason Johnson wrote:
> > What are our thoughts around defining the results of a sports event?  Some properties we would want to capture would be:
> >
> > - the statistics for the event
> > -- box score
> > -- per team / player stats
> > - the decision(s) for the event (winner, disqualified, K.O., etc.)
> > - attendance

Paul Kelly

Jan 6, 2014, 1:21:06 PM1/6/14
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com