Move to a W3C Community Group?

Jonathan Balls

Jun 26, 2015, 12:07:58 PM6/26/15
to sports-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I've been lurking in the group for a little while but haven't posted before, so for those who don't know me I thought I'd start by introducing myself. I'm an engineer at the BBC working with SportsML and the BBC's internal sport linked data systems. I've been looking at representing more of our data as linked data but have hit limit of what is possible with currently published ontologies, which is how I've found myself here. Tom Grahame and I have been discussing this and I think we're both keen to extend Schema.org rather grow the BBC's own sport ontology.

I mentioned to Dan Brickley that I was interested in contributing to the group, and he suggested that this might be a good opportunity for us to migrate over to a new W3C Community Group. So I've proposed a new group there. You can find the proposal here https://www.w3.org/community/blog/2015/06/26/proposed-group-sport-schema-community-group/ If you're interested in moving discussion over to it please support the proposal.

Jonnie