Test Request

corndog

Apr 23, 2014, 1:12:43 AM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey, can I have some volunteers to test a Clickable Maze?

The basic idea is that the user either has to 1) click through right away without forethought, which leads to wrong clicks, or 2) carefully plan his route, which might lead to getting lost and having to start over.  I think option 2 would be more rewarding, but perhaps most users will do number 1, in which case, maybe I should make a wrong answer end the quiz (but probably make the maze smaller (i.e. larger buttons)).

Also, does the grid show up well?  It's supposed to be a 16x16 matrix.

Thanks!

stanford0008

Apr 23, 2014, 10:33:21 AM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think you gave us the wrong link for the quiz. The one provided is just leading me back to my own create page.

John O'Brien

Apr 23, 2014, 12:22:35 PM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
He/she accidentally gave the Edit link, not the Test link.  Since you don't have permission to edit his/her game, it redirects you.  Here's the right link:  http://www.sporcle.com/games/test/91e2a08d7c7

corndog

Apr 23, 2014, 12:36:24 PM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clearing that up, John!

MrChewypoo

Apr 23, 2014, 12:52:54 PM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey! I like it! Very cool, and the layout was fine for me (IE10).  If you want to swap plays for ratings, you could make it a minefield.  Although it's a little long, I can't see people attempting it more than a couple of times before just giving up.  I'd leave it as is, actually.

Only thing funny that happened to me was around row 12, column 12, there's a U9.  I mistakenly went up 8 instead but hit a valid space.  Then when I reached the end, I still had about a dozen spaces uncovered because I "jumped the line".  Took me a minute and a bit of analysis to see what I did wrong.  Nothing you can do about that, really, just an observation.

Great quiz!

corndog

Apr 23, 2014, 4:29:09 PM4/23/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for testing.

I don't know if there is a way I can have some answers right at certain times but wrong at others, without adding unnecessary hints.  I spent a while going through this thread to see what I could do, and I might end up using that method if I make a quiz where the hints tell you how far to move (e.g. "Down # of 'stan' countries" instead of "D7").  That would require a lot more thinking on my part in terms of how many zero width spaces I need in the answers.  As it is now, I just distinguished between the right answers and wrong answers with a single zero width space.

I suppose you deserve congratulations for finding a shortcut!

corndog

Apr 28, 2014, 11:57:45 AM4/28/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I've contributed it.  For those who were unable to play the test version, feel free to leave suggestions here.

Clickable Maze

MrChewypoo

Apr 28, 2014, 3:35:18 PM4/28/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Oh, come on!  You need a better name than "Clickable Maze"  :)

How about "The Tricky Clickable Crazy Maze"?  It's gotta be catchy.  You get one chance to get them to click your game.

Quizmaster91

Apr 28, 2014, 4:55:16 PM4/28/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The Slick brick trick click deservingofaneditorpick ace trace craze maze. That will roll of the tongue just nicely. But seriously, this (...) craze maze was great!

corndog

Apr 29, 2014, 1:21:28 AM4/29/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I thought I'd go with a simple and streamlined name, but the mere 21 plays it garnered indicate that your ideas might be more effective.  Maybe something like "Tricky Clicky Maze" could satisfy the desires of everyone.  Except you, Quizmaster.