Quiz Experiment

DesertSpartan

Mar 1, 2015, 9:31:01 PM3/1/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I tried something different (at least for me) in a quiz.  I am hoping that this quiz requires some thinking and a little knowledge, similar to many Logic Puzzles.  I would love feedback on this quiz and the possibility of becoming more ambitious with similar quizzes.  Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/DesertSpartan/i-hope-the-next-set-is-not-idiot-jerk-desertspartan

Quizmaster91

Mar 1, 2015, 11:51:11 PM3/1/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I really liked this quiz! I think it was a good music quiz with a bit of a 'logic touch' (which is good if you ask me). The only thing you might want to look at is your usage of apostrophes and quotation marks. Love Train has none and "Sweet Home Chicago" has quotation marks while the other song titles have apostrophes. This makes searching hard since the answers between apostrophes are being grouped together, which leads to the beforementioned answers to be apart of this group, between the category options. Other than that I think it's great. I've given you 5 globes and I hope to see this kind of quizzes from you for other categories as well!

JoeBeta

Mar 2, 2015, 6:39:31 AM3/2/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It's an interesting experiment, but I honestly don't think that it will be popular how it's now set up. If you get all of the answers correct, all is well and good. I got 3 incorrect answers. When I point at the incorrect answers, it's hard to determine what was what. (If I point at "Songs written by Robert Johnson", the answer is Fourth Theme.) The results section has those pesky ???'s. If it were a multi-column matchable quiz, a player could at least see the correct answers at the conclusion of the quiz. Of course, multi-column matching quizzes have their own pesky space limitations.  (If column sizes were adjustable in matching quizzes, that format would work.)

I have another idea. You could do a simple clickable quiz where the hints are the 3 songs and the answer section contains the correct themes that may or may not contain decoys. I think that's the way to go. I do like what you're going for.

MoMosMoProblems

Mar 7, 2015, 3:35:55 PM3/7/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I love the idea, but because my knowledge of music wasn't up to par for this quiz, I had the same situation as JoeBeta. I couldn't remember which songs each theme number related to. When I don't do so well on a quiz, I like to know that I learned something new, so I'm always disappointed if the correct answers are hidden or I can't relate the answer to the question. But I would still love to play any other quizzes in this format that you come up with... where I could reasonably get most of them (MOVIES, hint hint).