Wrong Answers Quiz with Extra Info -- How?

Hyacinthus

Feb 25, 2015, 5:31:27 PM2/25/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying for hours to get the right combination of settings to make a quiz like this one --

Wrong answers appear in red, and whether you get the question wrong or right, you see the "extra info".  That's exactly what I'm aiming for.

I don't want this to be a minefield, but I do want wrong answers counted wrong.  Any help on how to fill out the Options and enter the Data would be greatly appreciated!

Hullabaloo

Feb 25, 2015, 5:47:04 PM2/25/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think what you're looking for is here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sporcle-university/mGfBvxYkqK8/XwRRP1ZJ5o4J

See TheCleverone's helpful response to a similar query.

For help on all types of quizzes: https://sporclehowto.wordpress.com/

Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo

Feb 25, 2015, 6:03:46 PM2/25/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
You can also tick the "Hide 3rd Column until answered" box depending on whether or not you want the extra info revealed after the quiz taker answers a particular question.

Hyacinthus

Feb 25, 2015, 10:08:59 PM2/25/15

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:03:46 PM UTC-6, Hullabaloo wrote:
You can also tick the "Hide 3rd Column until answered" box depending on whether or not you want the extra info revealed after the quiz taker answers a particular question.

I'm entering the clues twice, like TheCleverone said, but they're showing up in the quiz as two separate questions.  My two choices are Y (for yes) or N (for no).  Am I still missing a setting?

jason.s...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 10:32:44 PM2/25/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
You need to select 'bonus answers become wrong answers' as an option.

Ubbiebubbie

Feb 25, 2015, 10:56:25 PM2/25/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Also, you may be forgetting to put "ee" in the third column for wrong answers.

Ex.:
(1st column)------------(2nd column)------------------(3rd column)--
Is it nighttime?---------Yes!/y----------------------------It is 10:55 PM.
Is it nighttime?---------The answer was yes!/n-----ee----------------

Checked boxes should be:
Accept single character answers
Hide 3rd column until answered
Bonus/Hidden answers become wrong answers
Force answers in order
(Optional: Randomize order of answers)

Hyacinthus

Feb 26, 2015, 12:35:12 PM2/26/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, everybody who helped me with this!  I really appreciate the patience of the experts with those of us who can't quite get it from the existing help sections.

My quiz is here --

Critiques always welcome.

Hyacinthus