Sporcle University Rules and Posting Guidelines

mselby

Jul 14, 2014, 6:18:20 PM7/14/14
Welcome to Sporcle University, the official Sporcle Google group. We've created this in response to overwhelming user requests for a forum in which to communicate with other Sporcle users. Here are a few rules and guidelines to get you started:

Rules

Do Not:
  1. Insult or abuse other members of the forum. If saying the thing you wrote might lead to a physical altercation in real life, try to find a different way to express yourself.
  2. Post links to pornography or other material that would widely be considered not safe for work.
  3. Spam links to your quizzes. Posting a quiz once in order to get feedback from the forum is great, but posting it all over the place is not okay.
  4. Hijack Threads. If you find yourself writing 'Sorry to hijack this thread...' please stop and create a new topic instead.

Banning can occur for the reasons listed above or any new reason that you create through unwelcome behavior. We love the tone of the Sporcle community, and we hope to continue it in this forum.

Recommendations:

  1. One downside to Google Groups is that your email address will be posted in a public place, so we highly recommend creating a new email address if you value your privacy.
  2. We're all about suggestions, so if there are any suggestions about how to improve this group, please give them.

MrChewypoo

Jul 18, 2012, 4:02:08 PM7/18/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Great idea.  I'll be checking back often!  Shouldn't this be titled "How to make a bad Sporcle Univeristy post?"  Hey! Where's the up-arrow?
Message has been deleted

Hal Knight

Jul 19, 2012, 1:52:35 AM7/19/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting this group going!  It will be nice to have a place where I can get input and insight from fellow Sporclers.

MSUKent

Jul 19, 2012, 12:23:22 PM7/19/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Will I get some kind of degree at this university? Will it lead to gainful employment?

BanjoZebra

Jul 19, 2012, 5:30:27 PM7/19/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
This is definitely a great addition to Sporcle. Now, there is a good way to communicate with Sporclers besides comments and email. Thanks!

needapausebutton

Jul 25, 2012, 8:18:51 PM7/25/12
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'd just like to echo the sentiments above, and say "Thanks". This is very helpful for all of us!

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:00:34 PM UTC-4, mselby wrote:
Welcome to Sporcle University, the official Sporcle Google group. We've created this in response to overwhelming user requests for a forum in which to communicate with other Sporcle users. Here are a few rules and guidelines to get you started:

Rules

Do Not:
  1. Insult or abuse other members of the forum. If saying the thing you wrote would get you punched in the face in real life, try to find a better way to express yourself.
  1. Post links to pornography or other material that would widely be considered not safe for work.
  2. Spam links to your quizzes. Posting a quiz once in order to get feedback from the forum is great, but posting it all over the place is not okay.

    Banning can occur for the reasons listed above or any new reason that you create through unwelcome behavior. We love the tone of the Sporcle community, and we hope to continue it in this forum.

    needapausebutton

    Jul 25, 2012, 8:22:00 PM7/25/12
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Whoops!.... OK, so do I gotta delete everything "previously posted" each time I post? (sorry, new to this forum format)

    NYYanks

    Jan 24, 2013, 12:53:50 PM1/24/13
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Yeah I like how this is here so we can communicate about everything sporcle in general rather than having to comment on a quiz and wait forever to respond.

    ChargingTiger

    May 2, 2014, 3:29:48 PM5/2/14
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    I know this thread has been dormat for over a year, but I would like to express my appreciation for the fact that we Sporclers have been provided with a venue such as this one. I'm especially pleased that Sporcle staff members are so heavily involved in many of these discussions. While many sites/organizations may have forums for customers/users to discuss things, I doubt that very many staffs are as proactive as Sporcle's in seeking to implement improvements to make their site even more user-friendly. To the gang at Sporcle headquarters: We appreciate you!

    Derek Pharr

    May 2, 2014, 3:45:55 PM5/2/14
    to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
    Hey hey! Thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated.

    On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM, ChargingTiger <chargi...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I know this thread has been dormat for over a year, but I would like to express my appreciation for the fact that we Sporclers have been provided with a venue such as this one. I'm especially pleased that Sporcle staff members are so heavily involved in many of these discussions. While many sites/organizations may have forums for customers/users to discuss things, I doubt that very many staffs are as proactive as Sporcle's in seeking to implement improvements to make their site even more user-friendly. To the gang at Sporcle headquarters: We appreciate you!

    Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products
    t: @dpharr