Facebook Changes

Derek Pharr

Apr 28, 2015, 3:53:04 PM4/28/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
Today we pushed a very significant change to how Sporcle and Facebook interact.

If your Sporcle account is in some way linked to Facebook, these changes may affect you. If all goes well, things should be smooth and you won't see any issues; but even though we have tested the ever living heck out of this, bugs still manage to sneak through.

If you experience problems or oddities, post to this thread. I can help and/or may ask you to email me offline for more information/troubleshooting.

Thanks
Derek

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products
t: @dpharr

sporc...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 3:56:46 PM4/28/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It just said there was an error when trying to connect the two, but then when I refreshed the page, everything appeared fine. There didn't seem to be any trouble.

Cryptus

Apr 28, 2015, 6:18:38 PM4/28/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Mine just checks the connection between Facebook and Sporcle, then when I click OK on the update connection to Facebook, asks me to log into Facebook in a separate window, then brings the previous box up again, when I click OK again, it brings up a box that says "We encountered a Facebook error while processing your request. Please try back later." Kinda annoying, seeing as I can't play Sporcle without this popping up.

Cryptus

Apr 28, 2015, 6:21:51 PM4/28/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Should've added, if I close the Facebook error box, another one pops up asking if I want to disconnect my account from Facebook. If I click yes, it gives brings up a box saying there was a server issue; if I click no, it then brings up the original update box.

Simon Averick

Apr 28, 2015, 11:59:49 PM4/28/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Same thing happened to me.

On Apr 29, 2015 01:21, "Cryptus" <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
Should've added, if I close the Facebook error box, another one pops up asking if I want to disconnect my account from Facebook. If I click yes, it gives brings up a box saying there was a server issue; if I click no, it then brings up the original update box.

Toby123

May 11, 2015, 11:43:54 AM5/11/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually having the same problems as above

Derek Pharr

May 11, 2015, 11:58:53 AM5/11/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,
If you are still seeing this follow the directions for each modal window that comes up. There are chances to log into Facebook to restore the connection. If you don't want to do this, you can log into facebook (via the 2nd modal window to remove the connection) if you can't or don't  want to log into facebook, the 3rd modal window lets you just sever the connection between sporcle and facebook.

If you are still having trouble, write me offline and we will get to the bottom of it.
Derek

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Toby123 <toby123...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm actually having the same problems as above

Bill Furman

Jul 13, 2015, 8:28:57 AM7/13/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
i got a new computer windows 8.1 and i get the error. i had my account connected on my old comp.  i just connected it via google + but want it connected via facebook