I'm back -- with a quiz and a bang

Milgita Haag

Jul 1, 2014, 3:49:23 PM7/1/14
to sporcle-university
Howdy friends,
I've been away from Sporcle for a long while, but I'm back and trying new things! :)
Here's my latest quiz - OCD quiz.  It's probably not great, since I'm a bit rusty at quiz making, but I hope you like it.  Feedback would be great. :)
Thanks! :D
--
milgita

iglew

Jul 1, 2014, 4:03:29 PM7/1/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The first time I played I was completely confused and had no idea what I was supposed to do.

Once I understood the concept, I thought it was a cute quiz. I hit "replay game" and it was fun.

My suggestions:

1. Edit the question to say "OCD" instead of "CDO".  I assume that "misspelling" OCD was supposed to be part of the joke, but I lost a lot of time trying to figure out what "CDO" is.

2. Explain better that the goal of the quiz is to pick out the three that are MIS-spelled.  I would do that both in the question -- either by capitalizing MIS in misspelled like I did in the previous sentence, or rewriting it to say "the three components of OCD that are spelled wrong" -- and also with an extra note under the How to Play button.

Possibly I'm just dense, but I think others will be as confused as I was with the quiz as it stands now.  And with a 30-second clock you lose more than half the timer just trying to understand what's going on.

Milgita Haag

Jul 1, 2014, 9:31:32 PM7/1/14
to sporcle-university
Thanks iglew! I'll clarify. :)

milgita

Charging Tiger

Jul 2, 2014, 12:08:29 AM7/2/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It's good to have you back! I've enjoyed playing some of your Religion quizzes in the past and look forward to seeing what you will produce in the future.