Multiple Answers counting incorrectly in clickable quiz

kcostell

Jan 18, 2013, 12:51:56 PM1/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
This is a problem I'm having with my quiz at http://www.sporcle.com/games/kcostell/it_isnt_a_guess.  The quiz is an "answer in order" quiz, but with some decoy answers the same as other correct answers (e.g. "0" appears 8 times as a possible answer, but is a correct answer to fewer than 8 questions).  During the quiz, if 0 is a correct answer a quiztaker can click on any 0 and it will show up as a correct answer (green).  After the quiz, however, the previously correct answers are marked wrong and other identical answers show up as the correct answers (there's no pattern I can see to which of the identical answers is correct).

I've seen this before in clickable quizzes with repeated answers, but there's an annoying twist here...not only do the red/green lights switch, but the score changes as well.  You can have an 8/8 correct after 8 clicks, click the 9th correct answer, and your score will suddenly become 2/9.

I'm not sure if this is a new problem or not (the first person posted about it when the quiz in question had been up for more than 6 months, but am wondering if there is anything I can do on my end to fix this.

Aurora Illumina

Jan 24, 2013, 8:22:48 PM1/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It seems that any answer with ee in the third column will be counted as a wrong answer in the final tally, even if it matches a correct answer.

In the case of your quiz, I think yours could work as a standard (typing) quiz since you're simply typing a single-digit answer for each one. But this is quite a bug... because one of my quiz ideas will be one with a lot of buttons where there are multiple correct answers for each question, but it won't work properly with this bug in place since a lot of the answers will have ee.

Aurora Illumina

Jan 24, 2013, 8:53:36 PM1/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hm, but it seems that which ones are correct is not standard (I mean, looking at your quiz, the ones it highlights as correct at the end are always the same ones, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why those ones are chosen to be the "right" ones.)

kcostell

Nov 20, 2013, 2:34:42 AM11/20/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
No idea what the proper etiquette on resurrecting an old post is, but this is still something that's bugging me after close to a year.  I'd welcome any suggestions for work-arounds or fixes to turn this into an actual working quiz.

TheCleverone (Erin)

Nov 20, 2013, 1:20:38 PM11/20/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Etiquette - no worries
Have you reported it via the "report this game"? It's not like reporting a comment, as it is also designed to help with bugs as well as reporting offensive quizzes.

kcostell

Jul 23, 2015, 3:25:08 PM7/23/15
to Sporcle University, kcos...@gmail.com
Another 20 months, another bump.

I'd love it if there was a way to Un-break my quiz (say I'll love it again...)