The Official Sporcle Badge Thread

Derek Pharr

Sep 13, 2013, 3:37:14 PM9/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

We use an online project management tool called Trello here at Sporcle. Anyone can sign up for Trello (it is free) using their gmail account. Trello divides projects into organizations that are made up of various boards. Boards have lists and each list is made up of cards. We uses the lists, cards, and boards for tracking features and projects, but we also use them for Badges.

I created a new board in Trello for showing badge ideas. This is not the exhaustive list of badges, but it does house various ideas we have had. I thought I would share this board with all of you.

From here, you can see some of the ideas and buckets that badges go into. You can comment on them and vote.

Here is the link - https://trello.com/b/LUIEEQWd/sporcle-badges-public

As new badge ideas come up, we can endeavor to add them to this board. There have been multiple threads and emails on badges and it gets fairly tricky to keep up with them, going forward I would like to stick to one official thread.

Cheers
Derek

Bazmerelda

Sep 13, 2013, 5:46:32 PM9/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any good ideas for a Religion or Language based badge? They are the two categories which don't appear to have been touched upon at all in any of the previous badge releases. There is one language based badge on the Trello board (100% on Commonest English words), but no religion ones at all yet. I don't have any ideas myself. I just thought I'd throw that badge niche out there.

I think it has been discussed on other badge suggestion threads, but I'd like to see a simple 'Created a quiz' badge. There seem to be a lot of people who are active site users, but who've never made a quiz. It would probably lead to a brief influx of several hundred bad quizzes, but if it encouraged a few more users to become regular quality quiz contributors then it could be worth it.
Message has been deleted

popestcyril David W. Quatrone

Sep 13, 2013, 8:17:15 PM9/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I always thought the 1000 play badge could be called Master of Divinity.

How about a Prayer Warrior badge:  Play Hail Mary (Roman Catholic) http://www.sporcle.com/games/text/hailmary, Lord's Prayer (All three major branches, but would cover Protestants) http://www.sporcle.com/games/text/lordsprayer, of http://www.sporcle.com/games/Toby123/60-second-blitz-lords-prayer,  and an Eastern Orthodox Prayer Quiz (I actually have one on The Trisagion Prayers, though it is a bit long, and has not been very popular (under 50 plays).

Or maybe an Angles and Demons badge:  Play Angelic hierarchies http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/angelhierarchy , quiz on various conceptions of hell http://www.sporcle.com/games/survivor/youre-damned-if-you-dont

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Fusty <john_s...@aol.com> wrote:
How about bible books, good for those christians (I'm an atheist myself, so google will need to help).
I also suggested on some other thread about a curator pick in every subcategory badge (or maybe 3/4 of them, or maybe a certain amount, like 50). This is similar to the editor pick one and will be easier for those like me who ask a lot for their picks (I'm awaiting about 3 emails now on quizzes I've emailed).

Fusty

Derek Pharr

Sep 17, 2013, 5:08:55 PM9/17/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
We added some of the new badge ideas to this board. Check it out:
Derek

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products

t: @dpharr

skuban

Sep 18, 2013, 9:38:27 AM9/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if it's been suggested yet... what about a badge recognizing good comments? i.e. make 100 comments with an average rating of 2.00, or something along those lines. It will encourage people to get involved in the commenting community, which is always a good thing. And it will help avoid people leaving blank comments just to get the badge.

There could even be a hidden "super" badge. Have one comment with a +100 rating. :P
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

puckett86

Sep 18, 2013, 3:10:11 PM9/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Badges involving any type of ratings (comments, quizzes, etc) wouldn't work. Badges are static, but ratings are dynamic.

Quizmaster91

Sep 18, 2013, 3:30:23 PM9/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
@puckett86: That doesn't mean the badge wouldn't work. For Example: the 'Around the World' badge needs you to get 100% on countries of the world. But when South Sudan, and later Palestine got added, people with the badge didn't have it retracted. These badges would work similarly: earned once = forever yours.

metashades

Sep 18, 2013, 5:33:47 PM9/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com

How about a badge for Creating a game that gets 100 plays? (Or 1,000, or 10,000, or whatever). It might encourage more people to make quizzes, and to try to make them good enough to get plays (although we might get an influx of minefields, and some people might just play their own quiz 100 times).

Message has been deleted

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 18, 2013, 9:13:17 PM9/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Not exactly, Fusty. Look at Bens published quizzes, find the least played, they're about 2500...

And one was published today that stands at maybe 1000?

I'd suggest this isn't that good because every game that gets published (except countries of antarctica) has at least 10000 plays.

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 19, 2013, 10:27:21 AM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
How about "Favorite"
Have one of your quizzes be favorited by 50 (or 20,30,40,100) OTHER users.

Bazmerelda

Sep 19, 2013, 11:04:51 AM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Some more country based badges would be good to go with Blame Canada and London Calling. How about an Australian version for our antipodean Sporclers. You could call it something like Outback Walkabout, or Throw Another Shrimp on the Barbie (warning: Australians hate this!).

Bombay Sapphire

Sep 19, 2013, 12:41:27 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Fair Dinkum, mate!

Derek Pharr

Sep 19, 2013, 12:42:52 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Bombay Sapphire <verit...@att.net> wrote:
Fair Dinkum, mate!

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 19, 2013, 1:43:44 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Contribute 100 quizzes

Contribute 50 quizzes in 1 category

Got 100% on colors of the rainbow

Got 100% on 7 dirty words

Get EP'd

Get 10 CP's

Get a CP in each category

metashades

Sep 19, 2013, 4:27:18 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com

How about a badge for Playing a quiz in each Subcategory? (Jack of All Trades, or something).
I think it would be good advertisement for the subcategories, I didn't even know a lot of them existed until I was looking through the Curator positions recently.

On a side note, I also think it would be helpful to have the Subcategories listed directly under Tags when you are creating a game, so you can select them from a list rather than trying to figure out which tags might be categories.

geshmonkey

Sep 19, 2013, 5:41:41 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
As always, that wouldn't work, thanks to our very own SporcleBatman (as there are no Justice Quizzes)

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 19, 2013, 9:10:16 PM9/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe "Play 25 Sporcle (subcategory) games"?
Message has been deleted

beforever

Sep 21, 2013, 6:18:12 AM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
You should stay strong and conquer it yourself!

It may not seem like it now, but you do get better. Keep doing it and practicing, and you will push yourself to the extent when you can. Everyone who has been able to do it... started out not being able to do it at one point.

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:14:27 AM UTC+1, Fusty wrote:
I know I don't ask for much but I simply cannot do the second spacebar challenge, no matter what I do. Is there somebody (I trust) that can go onto my account and do the challenge. I wont just give my password to some random user who will mess with my quizzes, someone I trust. My fingers just aren't fast enough since my highest is 80%. I will never get passed that mark. Please email me  john_s...@aol.com

triplet_3

Sep 21, 2013, 12:37:43 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
How about:

Having at least one publication every month for a year (12 months in a row, not necessarily Jan-Dec)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 21, 2013, 12:57:39 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
How about just plain "Create a quiz"... but that might turn into a bunch of horrible quizzes, or maybe "Get a quiz with 500 plays"

Spacemaniac

Sep 21, 2013, 2:17:06 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
...that would just motivate terrible minefields.

On Sep 21, 2013, at 6:57 PM, "Anderson(Blackhawks65)" <ablu...@gmail.com> wrote:

How about just plain "Create a quiz"... but that might turn into a bunch of horrible quizzes, or maybe "Get a quiz with 500 plays"

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 21, 2013, 1:26:58 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that we need a badge for plays.

As always, the best quizzes rise to the top.

If anything, maybe one for an EP.
Message has been deleted

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 21, 2013, 2:22:06 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I could see this happening, but I'd prefer it to be 10 CP's in different subcategories. That way, people like me couldn't CP 3 quizzes in each of my categories and get 9.

I think I might have this badge... Maybe.
Message has been deleted

geshmonkey

Sep 21, 2013, 2:54:08 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I think Entertainment's a really underrated category - Logos are always nice, and if you want to learn something new, Marvel, DC and Superheroes are fun as well, just because it's a little more laid back than say, Geography (I don't know why, I just figure Entertainment's more relaxed).

Also, quotes & stuff are nice to know, especially from the classics.
I've got at 11 CP's I think, maybe in 10 or so Subcategories, but only in 5 Main Categories, so there could be an lesser Dean's List, with CPs in all 15 Categories, but I like you guys's ideas too.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 21, 2013, 5:44:17 PM9/21/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Here are a few more from me:
Best Badge Ever-Get 100% on best selling cars ever
Come at me bro-Win 1000 challenges against other users
Get 10 publishes
Get 100% on super bowl champions, NBA champions, NHL champions, and MLB champions

@fusty-I wouldn't worry about it.

ChargingTiger

Sep 26, 2013, 5:33:09 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
It appears to me that there are new badges.

Fusty

Sep 26, 2013, 5:38:36 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Something good please sporcle (no more play 1000 games in [category])

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 26, 2013, 6:00:34 PM9/26/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the Premier League one now?

beforever

Sep 26, 2013, 7:52:27 PM9/26/13
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:38:36 PM UTC+1, Fusty wrote:
Something good please sporcle (no more play 1000 games in [category])

I'm happy for there to be another one... so long as it's a category I already have 1,000 plays for. :P

CCCP

Sep 27, 2013, 10:25:39 AM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Broadway Badge = 25 Broadway plays

and

Television Badge = 1000 Television plays.

Those are the two that I know of.

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 27, 2013, 10:33:32 AM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
They are called Musical Maven and Sofa Spud.

beforever

Sep 27, 2013, 11:20:09 AM9/27/13
On Friday, September 27, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+1, CCCP wrote:

Television Badge = 1000 Television plays.

Darn it. I thought I'd have that one, but perhaps I just thought that because I watch a lot of TV and I don't actually play enough quizzes about TV.

Mic747

Sep 27, 2013, 12:15:54 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The other one is Sporcle MD, Get 100% on  3 Letter Body Parts,Head-to-Toe BlitzThings In People,Human Body Systems, and Human Bones
Message has been deleted

Fusty

Sep 27, 2013, 12:36:05 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
ANOTHER ONE FOR 1000 PLAYS. I will turn into the hulk in a minute and destroy the world in rage. (That doesn't mean do an entertainment one).

Mic747

Sep 27, 2013, 2:19:05 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Well, I got the other two, but are there 871 Game of Thrones quizzes in Television?
If not, I probably won't get it any soon, although I will watch the Television section of the discovery page to slowly get my plays up. As I'm doing with music and sports now.

Hullabaloo

Sep 27, 2013, 2:57:36 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I watch on tv in sport, so I can't imagine myself ever getting this badge.

I think the only programmes I ever watched was Scrubs and Lost. Perhaps I'll play some of those quizzes.

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 27, 2013, 3:57:03 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
There's a typo on the front page, it says that we only need 20 Broadway quizzes for the Musical Maven.

Derek Pharr

Sep 27, 2013, 3:58:30 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks, fixed it.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Amazingjosh Sporcle <sporcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
There's a typo on the front page, it says that we only need 20 Broadway quizzes for the Musical Maven.

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products

t: @dpharr

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Sep 27, 2013, 4:20:35 PM9/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It also appears that there is a new report a game screen, and the delete all data button in Game Creation is gone.

DesertSpartan

Sep 28, 2013, 11:14:25 PM9/28/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I hope there is never a badge for 5,000 plays as suggested and receiving support on Trello or if there is such a badge it is conditional.  My reason is that a lot of quizzes that receive low ratings, would never be a CP, EP or published and get lots of negative comments have a lot of plays just because they are minefields and once people get hooked, they play until they get all the answers.  I saw a quiz with 66,000 plays in a short period of time that was barely rated over 1.  I know it sounds snobbish, but I don't want to see individuals rewarded for those quizzes.

A good condition could be 5,000 plays and rated 4.00 or higher.

I know that I am taking that way too seriously, but it is my preference.

I also think there should be a badge for plays in each category, but maybe not all should be 1000.  I would not be surprised if 1000 quizzes a month were created in Sports and maybe Just for Fun or Geography, but with (seemingly) so many fewer quizzes in Entertainment, Holiday and even Religion, maybe the standard should be 500 plays in those categories or even 250 in religion.  This is not unprecedented, 233 gets the Testaverde and their are badges for 25 games in some sub-categories.

DesertSpartan

Sep 28, 2013, 11:18:08 PM9/28/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I meant to say 250 in Holiday, not religion as Holiday gets the fewest games created and plays.  Few have even played 1000 in Literature and Literature has some very popular topics.

zaphenath

Sep 29, 2013, 12:47:47 AM9/29/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
@Fusty: If you turn into the Hulk and destroy the world in rage, you should probably get a badge for that.

Of course, if you turn into the Hulk and destroy the world in rage, you can probably take any badges you want.

Fusty

Sep 29, 2013, 5:10:13 AM9/29/13

On Sunday, 29 September 2013 05:47:47 UTC+1, zaphenath wrote:
@Fusty: If you turn into the Hulk and destroy the world in rage, you should probably get a badge for that.

Of course, if you turn into the Hulk and destroy the world in rage, you can probably take any badges you want.
Good, I'll take all the 1000 plays ones, and that NFL quiz I'm only 2/5 the way through.

Ubbiebubbie

Sep 29, 2013, 10:40:14 AM9/29/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
I'm too lazy to figure out Trello, so I'll give an idea here -- Get on any leaderboard for any period of time. If you aren't the "quiz-creating" type, you can play a lot of quizzes, or you can challenge a lot, so there are lots of possible ways to get the badge.

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Sep 30, 2013, 4:48:05 PM9/30/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Be a curator or editor?

Fusty

Sep 30, 2013, 5:13:36 PM9/30/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 30 September 2013 21:48:05 UTC+1, Anderson(Blackhawks65) wrote:
Be a curator or editor?

I don't think that should be one. Many people are only on Sporcle to make and play good quizzes. I know a few fantastic quizmakers who just don't look like they'd apply for one, maybe because it takes time out of quizmaking or it doesn't interest them.

stanford0008

Sep 30, 2013, 5:59:33 PM9/30/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I don't think the curator/editor one is really necessary since that's already listed on your profile page anyways. Adding a badge for it would just seem a bit redundant. Also, that's something that you really don't have control over getting, whereas the other badges are all at least theoretically possible to do on your own with enough effort.

ChargingTiger

Oct 2, 2013, 9:04:00 AM10/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
The Half-April Fools Day discussion gave me an idea: How about a badge for playing 25 April Fools Day quizzes? Perhaps it could be released next April. Yes, that would probably require the creation of more quizzes in that subcategory, but wouldn't that be a good thing?

popestcyril David W. Quatrone

Oct 2, 2013, 4:13:09 PM10/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Then, maybe every April 1st after you get the badge, it is taken away at 12:01 am, only to be automatically returned with an April Fools message at 11:59pm!

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM, ChargingTiger <chargi...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Half-April Fools Day discussion gave me an idea: How about a badge for playing 25 April Fools Day quizzes? Perhaps it could be released next April. Yes, that would probably require the creation of more quizzes in that subcategory, but wouldn't that be a good thing?

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Oct 6, 2013, 5:08:04 PM10/6/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I don't really like the 1000 play badges, but I think Sporcle wants to do all categories, so could science be next?

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Oct 6, 2013, 5:10:15 PM10/6/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I want more quiz-creating badges.

Ubbiebubbie

Oct 6, 2013, 7:14:34 PM10/6/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think the order is by decreasing order of how many people would have them. (Literature was released out of order, however.)

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Oct 6, 2013, 7:27:06 PM10/6/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Therefore history should be next.

CCCP

Oct 6, 2013, 7:40:13 PM10/6/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
@amazingjosh: History better be next.

CCCP

Fusty

Oct 13, 2013, 12:26:18 PM10/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
How about play a certain amount of quizzes by one author (not yourself)

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Oct 13, 2013, 2:56:12 PM10/13/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
They should be unique quizzes, too.

Droxnar

Oct 16, 2013, 10:50:55 AM10/16/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Sporcle-itis - Play 25 Quizzes tagged with Sporcle
Blabber mouth - Comment on 100 quizzes
Trivial Pursuit - Play 10 quizzes on January 4 (National Trivia Day)
Polyglot - Play 1000 Language quizzes

Um...that's all I got for now...

Droxnar

Oct 16, 2013, 10:57:42 AM10/16/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I forgot about my religion themed badge idea:

Mythic Hero - get 100% on The Greek, Roman, Norse and Egyptian gods quizzes.

NYYanks

Oct 18, 2013, 7:50:03 PM10/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Profile says 63 now ;)

Anderson(Blackhawks65)

Oct 18, 2013, 9:40:04 PM10/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed the Valentines day badge changed. On that topic, I'd like more specific holiday badges like that one. There are a few good ones suggested in trello. Definitely April Fools should be a badge.

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Oct 18, 2013, 10:05:44 PM10/18/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
And they're here! Trendsetter (referral badge) Halloween badge, and the gosh-darn Alan Shearer. Now I know what it feels like to be a Brit.

Fusty

Oct 19, 2013, 5:59:04 AM10/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Ooh, I've referred someone.. Is there a way to see who?

beforever

Oct 19, 2013, 6:06:19 AM10/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:59:04 AM UTC+1, Fusty wrote:
Ooh, I've referred someone.. Is there a way to see who? When the person has done it, you should receive an e-mail that says:

"Hi Fusty,

________ gave you credit today for referring them to Sporcle.

Go ahead and invite more friends to Sporcle and thank you for helping to build our community!

Thanks!
The Sporcle Team"

Fusty

Oct 19, 2013, 6:17:02 AM10/19/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Nothing...

Derek Pharr

Oct 24, 2013, 7:55:55 PM10/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey all
We added a slew more badge ideas to the badge board, check em out - https://trello.com/b/LUIEEQWd/sporcle-badges-public
Derek

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products
t: @dpharr

NYYanks

Oct 24, 2013, 8:14:50 PM10/24/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I like the "Bill Gates of Sporcle" :)

geshmonkey

Oct 25, 2013, 3:39:59 AM10/25/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
If we're looking at quizzes published now, how about something like 'Better the Devil / Revels You Know' (I think I'd lean towards the wordplay), where you have to get x number of quizzes published/EP'ed/CP'ed in the same category/subcategory?

amazingjosh

Oct 27, 2013, 5:28:59 PM10/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Sandy Koufax- 397 mlb games?

beforever

Oct 27, 2013, 5:31:32 PM10/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
I think admin could/should tease which category the next 1,000-play badge will revolve around... but not give away which one it is exactly, or what date it'll come out. Like, you can offer us three category names (e.g., perhaps Gaming, Religion, Science?), and one of them will be it, but we won't know which one of the three it'll be until you release them.

Mateo56

Oct 27, 2013, 5:37:15 PM10/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
A particularly cruel version of that would be releasing the badge without saying which it is.

beforever

Oct 27, 2013, 5:42:08 PM10/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome... just play 1,000 quizzes in Holiday, Science, Entertainment, Gaming, History, Religion and Language each and you won't have to worry about it.

TheCleverone

Oct 27, 2013, 5:51:24 PM10/27/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
But don't we already know the order?

CCCP

Oct 28, 2013, 5:45:39 PM10/28/13
to sporcle-...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
@NJSB: I am guessing that the admins wanted to make the Dean's List resemble the Crazy Ivan in that it is a secret badge. You should just go and count your EP's in the categories, that what I did. I erased the categories that I still needed as I went along.

CCCP

Oct 28, 2013, 5:47:27 PM10/28/13
to sporcle-...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
@NJSB: I am guessing that the admins wanted to make the Dean's List resemble the Crazy Ivan in that it is a secret badge. You should just go and count your EP's in the categories, that's what I did. I wrote down on a piece of paper the categories and erased the ones I already had an EP in as I went along. I am sure you are only 1 or 2 away from getting it.

CCCP
Message has been deleted

Daniel Hodgson

Oct 30, 2013, 3:30:03 PM10/30/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
JUST A HEADS UP, TOMORROW IS HALLOWEEN AND THEREFORE THERE IS A HALLOWEEN BADGE AVAILABLE! DON'T FORGET TO PLAY THE NECESSARY GAMES!'
For those who are not ET and are a day ahead then play the games now!

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM, VioletVal <valo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to suggest a most badges leaderboard.  It would be a more achievement-oriented leaderboard than simply most plays.

teddy109768

needapausebutton

Oct 30, 2013, 3:38:22 PM10/30/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
TeddyNumbers!  You are a saint.  THANKS for keeping on top of these as you'd offered way back when.  I really appreciate that, and I'm sure a lot of your fellow Sporclers do as well.

Now I just have to remember for another few hours and a sticky note should suffice.

- napb

Jiangying9

Nov 1, 2013, 2:33:16 PM11/1/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com, sporcle-...@googlegroups.com
March on Sporcle- play 250,000 games on Sporcle- a good badge in like 10 years or so!
25k- play 25,000 games on Sporcle
50k- play 50,000 games on sporcle
I don't know what to call it, but something for playing X amount of NBA quiz's!

beforever

Nov 2, 2013, 6:16:38 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM, VioletVal <valo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to suggest a most badges leaderboard.  It would be a more achievement-oriented leaderboard than simply most plays.

The original post has been deleted now, but I also have always been waiting for this leaderboard. I've been trying to catch up with sproutcm most of all; he has 60 and I have 59. I'd love to see who else would be somewhere on that leaderboard, 'cause I have no idea right now if anybody else is as fervent as we are at getting as many of them as possible...

NYYanks

Nov 2, 2013, 6:57:16 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
 'cause I have no idea right now if anybody else is as fervent as we are at getting as many of them as possible...

Raises hand

beforever

Nov 2, 2013, 7:17:24 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Those I could find with 45 or more:

Headers2304 - 45
oldkent - 45
ruuub - 46
THEJMAN - 46
Flick - 47
MovieGuru - 49
Ubbiebubbie - 49
nightfloat - 50
citkeane - 51
rer2121 - 51
skuban - 51
tk925 - 52
Hejman - 53
LTH - 53
NYYanks - 54
zalkon2004 - 55
AdmiralMaxtreme - 57
beforever - 59
triviahappy - 59
sproutcm - 60

Quite a few others I also looked at also seem quite passionate about the badges, with 35-44 badges so far.

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Nov 2, 2013, 7:20:28 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm at 43, and could have the musical maven if I wanted, am 70 away from world traveler, and have missed 3 date badges. So I'm pretty serious, but not over-the-top.

mxc_takeshi

Nov 2, 2013, 7:29:51 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've got 52 at this point. I hope to get Century Club next week; Bookworm/Jukebox/Sofa Spud are around 500 each; only date missed was I Like Pi (I was away from home and couldn't access computer on that date). I'm not sure if I've played 1000 History games, but I would say I've played over 500 at least. That badge will be up at some point in the future.

beforever

Nov 2, 2013, 7:37:23 PM11/2/13
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:20:28 PM UTC, amazingjosh wrote:
So I'm pretty serious, but not over-the-top.

Oh, I SEE.

Daniel Hodgson

Nov 2, 2013, 7:54:23 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I have 50 and the user corndog has 60. http://www.sporcle.com/user/corndog

Just scrolling through the leaderboards of most plays, I found a lot with 45+ but I figured I'd put corndog because he is a very prominent user, missing only the century club (but at 93), Dean's List, and Crazy Ivan.

teddy109768

mcomisky

Nov 2, 2013, 9:42:34 PM11/2/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I currently have 48 badges. I'm close to getting Film Critic and Worst Badge Ever (I can't do the spacebar challenge) and I'll hopefully get the century club badge in about a month. On the other hand, it will be years before I ever earn the Jukebox or Alan Shearer badges. In the 3 and a half years I've spent on Sporcle, with over 10,000 plays, I have played 146 music quizzes and 9 quizzes about the Premier League. I'll also never get the typing challenge badge

corndog

Mic747

Nov 3, 2013, 4:36:19 AM11/3/13
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently at 54, and will get the next one (Century Club) in six days. Then i'll try to get the last referral for Trendsetter
I'm still missing 2 date badges (Christmas and Valentine's day) and 2 1000 play badges (Music, (currently 500 plays) and Television (currently 250 plays) and all 3 quiz-making badges
It is loading more messages.
This conversation is locked