Crazy Ivan Progress Log

spacemaniacsporcle

Feb 25, 2014, 10:57:58 AM2/25/14
to sporcle-university

Based on the Dean's List progress log thread, this thread is to keep track of the amount of publishes you have in each category.

My standings are:

Entertainment: 1
Gaming: 0
Geography: 2
History: 1
Holiday: 0
Just For Fun: 33
Language: 1
Literature: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Movies: 3
Music: 3
Religion: 1
Science: 0
Sports: 1
Television: 2

Whenever you get a publish in a new category, also post it here.

beforever

Feb 25, 2014, 11:20:13 AM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Entertainment: 0
Gaming: 2
Geography: 3
History: 1
Holiday: 0
Just For Fun: 12
Language: 12
Literature: 0
Miscellaneous: 0
Movies: 1
Music: 6
Religion: 1
Science: 5
Sports: 0
Television: 3

I think I'm only a Sports EP away from Dean's List, but then again, I haven't really made any exciting Sports quizzes.

Bazmerelda

Feb 25, 2014, 12:23:07 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Just Holiday to go. One of my holiday quizzes did get published, but it was converted to JFF for a daily dose. I like to think I'm on 14.5 / 15.

hscer

Feb 25, 2014, 12:28:42 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
OK, I'll bite:

Entertainment 2
Gaming 0
Geography 5
History 13
Holiday 0
Just For Fun 5
Language 1
Literature 1
Miscellaneous 7
Movies 1
Music 2
Religion 1
Science 1
Sports 10
Television 3

Cryptus

Feb 25, 2014, 1:12:25 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I currently stand at:

Entertainment: 0
Gaming: 0
Geography: 2
History: 0
Holiday: 0
JFF: 1
Language: 0
Literature: 0
Miscellaneous: 0
Movies: 0
Music: 0
Religion: 0
Science: 3
Sports: 1
Television: 0

Lots of zeroes at the moment, hopefully that'll change at some point :)

Rackie

Feb 25, 2014, 2:22:34 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Not as many zeros as me!

ChargingTiger

Feb 25, 2014, 4:19:49 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I've got even more zeroes than you Cryptus! Wanna trade?

Entertainment: 0
Gaming: 0
Geography: 0
History: 0
Holiday: 0
JFF: 1
Language: 0
Literature: 0
Miscellaneous: 0
Movies: 0
Music: 0
Religion: 0
Science: 0
Sports: 0
Television: 0

popestcyril David W. Quatrone

Feb 25, 2014, 4:45:54 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Geography 3
Nill for everything else.
(Hopefully will have a Sports, if the Basketball quiz I made is published, but don't see a Crazy Ivan as likely anytime this decade!)

Message has been deleted

RaysRule2010

Feb 25, 2014, 5:18:22 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Entertainment: 0
Gaming: 0
Geography: 0
History: 0
Holiday: 0
Just For Fun: 3
Language: 0
Literature: 0
Miscellaneous: 1

Movies: 0
Music: 0
Religion: 0
Science: 0
Sports: 2
Television: 0

TheCleverone (Erin)

Feb 25, 2014, 5:52:26 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Science - 1
Everything else, zilch. Though I'm hoping upon hope that maybe I might be in with a shot for a publish in another category come June/July.

NYYanks

Feb 25, 2014, 6:02:52 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
JFF - 5
Geography - 3
History - 1
Television - 1
Everything else - 0

Scott

Feb 25, 2014, 6:24:08 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm at 10 for JFF, 3 for Television, Music, and Miscellaneous, and then have 1 for Religion, Holiday, Entertainment, History, and Language.

Still need science, literature, gaming, geography, sports, and movies.

So yeah, some work to be done still! But it's a nice longer-term goal to have.

Mateo56

Feb 25, 2014, 6:40:28 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Geography - 6
JFF - 2
Music - 1

I find that Geography EPs are particularly likely to be followed by a swift publish. I have received 4 Geography EPs (cheers Rob), three of which were published within the month (the other one is quite UK specific).

On the other hand I have also received 4 History EPs (cheers napb) all are highly rated and 3 have been plays counts in the several thousands, yet no publishes.

CCCP

Feb 25, 2014, 6:58:44 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Still need Gaming, Religion, Holiday, Sports and Language.

skuban

Feb 25, 2014, 11:10:49 PM2/25/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm just waiting on TV, Movies, and Holiday. I have a few good quizzes in each category (admittedly I'm a tad biased), so my fingers are crossed!

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Feb 26, 2014, 9:27:30 PM2/26/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I have: 2 JFF, 1 language, misc, and holiday. Nothing else.

Thoughtfully thumbed from the MyPhone

On Feb 25, 2014, at 11:10 PM, skuban <stephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm just waiting on TV, Movies, and Holiday. I have a few good quizzes in each category (admittedly I'm a tad biased), so my fingers are crossed!

Spacemaniac

Mar 1, 2014, 2:57:26 PM3/1/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Update:

Entertainment: 1
Gaming: 0
Geography: 2
History: 1
Holiday: 0

Just For Fun: 32

Language: 1
Literature: 1
Miscellaneous: 0
Movies: 3
Music: 3
Religion: 1

Science: 1
Sports: 1
Television: 2

naqwerty3

Mar 6, 2014, 12:24:39 AM3/6/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Gaming-1
Geography-3
Just For Fun-6
Language-1
Miscellaneous-1
Sports-1

I still need to work on the other nine categories!

spacemaniacsporcle

Mar 8, 2014, 1:07:22 PM3/8/14
to sporcle-university

Just got Miscellaneous. Thanks Sporcle!

Amazingjosh Sporcle

Mar 8, 2014, 1:43:41 PM3/8/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
And I now have gaming!

Thoughtfully thumbed from the MyPhone

DesertSpartan

Mar 8, 2014, 2:01:53 PM3/8/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I was not even going to post in this thread, because I have a long way to go.  I need Entertainment, Gaming, Geography, Holiday,  Movies, Religion and Sports.

Erin R

Mar 8, 2014, 4:19:17 PM3/8/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Well, you're over halfway there...

DesertSpartan

Mar 8, 2014, 5:42:38 PM3/8/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
That is true Erin and I am grateful for the number and variety of publishes that I have.  My point was more that I have very few quizzes in some categories and I do not see an Ivan coming anytime soon.  I thought when I posted in the Dean's List thread that I had more than 1 Editor's Pick quality quiz in every category that I still needed except for maybe Gaming.  I only had 1 religion quiz, but it was an EP, so that category was not needed.  In other words, I thought if enough attention was given to the quizzes I had already created, I could have made the Dean's List.  Although I have at least 1 EP in each category, I do not feel as close to the Crazy Ivan and some people with less publishes than I are probably closer.  Especially because none of my current quizzes employ, sound or pictures.  Although I hope to make a slideshow or map quiz in the near future.  I consider myself a quality quizmaker, but there are others that are much better at it than I am and I am OK with that.  I enjoy making the quizzes that I make and at this time, that is enough for me.  If I were to get close to an Ivan, I would definitely lobby for myself as I did when I was 1 category away from a Dean's List and e-mailed the editor of the last category that I needed.  I am not shameless nor am devoid of a large ego.

Chenchilla (Jonathan Chen)

Apr 16, 2014, 10:52:30 PM4/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but recently I noticed manonthemoon and razorz are both only one publish away from receiving their own Crazy Ivan badge!
manonthemoon needs a Religion publish and razorz needs a Literature publish

Hejman

Apr 16, 2014, 11:04:16 PM4/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Manonthemoon has no contributed religion quizzes and razorz has only one Lit quiz.  But, that lit quiz (http://www.sporcle.com/games/razorz/true_story) is an excellent one.  I've just nominated it- go take a look and do the same if you agree!

needapausebutton

Apr 16, 2014, 11:08:42 PM4/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I know manonthemoon is aware of that, and is utterly relaxed about it; he certainly knows that creating a Religion quiz in the first place could help :)

Both he and razorz are certainly deserving, and I believe you can at least add hscer into the mix as well.

needapausebutton

Apr 16, 2014, 11:15:14 PM4/16/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Figured I might as well confirm that - Holiday for hscer

hscer

Apr 17, 2014, 12:41:16 AM4/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Anybody else out there 14/15 on the Ivan track? There have to be a couple more, right?

If anyone wants to check out my Holiday contributions, there are 7. If you do (you obviously don't have to), feedback appreciated on any of them, really, though some are certainly better than others. http://www.sporcle.com/user/hscer/contributed

razorz

Apr 17, 2014, 4:10:51 AM4/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the push. Hejman. Lit is my weakness, but I'm prepared to make another non-fiction quiz sometime down the road if needed. As for others with 14/15, I think my brother (puckett86) is in that boat, needing just a Holiday publish.

A hint for those striving for the badge: what helped me is creating two series that involved making quizzes in multiple categories. I don't see a lot of that being done, but it certainly helped me get to 14.

DesertSpartan

Apr 17, 2014, 12:41:07 PM4/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
razorz, great quiz with a nice mix of both fiction and non-fiction (not sure which the political books really are) also a good mix of the common and rarer like BG.  I also nominated the quiz.

Hejman

Apr 17, 2014, 1:31:32 PM4/17/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just to add to what razorz said about making a series- the 'Over/Under' series that I made in 2011 eventually got me publications in 14 of the 15 categories (the holiday one remains unpublished) and two in Lit because I did a general one and a Harry Potter one.  The format also got publications for three or four others users after I was done with the original series.  So there's an example of how a quiz series across categories can almost earn you a Crazy Ivan all on its own.

Geo1

Apr 21, 2014, 6:27:05 PM4/21/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

JFF: 3

History: 2
Religion: 1
Literature: 1
Miscellaneous: 1

Everything else 0.

RaysRule2010

May 8, 2014, 5:06:14 PM5/8/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Got Geography yesterday.

DesertSpartan

Jan 4, 2015, 4:43:17 PM1/4/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Well, I wanted to revive this thread based on ego and a sense of self-promotion.  The good people of Sporcle continue to be real kind to me and I now need only Entertainment, Geography and Religion to earn an Ivan. So as Bartles and Jaymes ads used to say:  "(and) Thank You for your support"

Tom007

Feb 15, 2015, 3:58:40 PM2/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I still require Geography, History, Literature, Language, Science, and Religion.