My new quiz

greenday61892

Jul 6, 2014, 7:49:05 PM7/6/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Just made this quiz; it's my first slideshow quiz and I would LOVE if people could give me feedback (too much/too little time? any nicknames/abbreviations I missed? etc.). I've searched quite a few different terms and as far as I can tell this is the first quiz of its kind (that being all alternate logos of a single big 4 league), so I hope you guys like it.

greenday61892

Jul 6, 2014, 8:02:25 PM7/6/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

iglew

Jul 6, 2014, 11:18:38 PM7/6/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Timer definitely felt too short to me. When I played, the timer ran out before I had even reached the end. Part of the problem is that many of the pictures were slow to load for me and for many of them I had to click the forward and back arrows to get the picture to show -- and two of them I never saw at all until the quiz was over and I was cycling back through.  But even aside from that, three minutes for 30 answers leaves just six seconds per picture.  That may be fine for an NBA fan who recognizes the pictures quickly, but if you want to also reach an audience of people who don't know the NBA that well but might enjoy the challenge of thinking it through and trying to figure out the pictures (eg, me) then you need more time. I'd try five minutes.

I suggest rewriting the question text to something more descriptive of what the quiz is asking you to do.  Something like "Can you name the NBA teams given their secondary/alternate logos?"

Also, maybe it's because I don't know sports well, but I don't understand what "secondary/alternate" means here.  Some of them -- like the Brooklyn Nets logo -- are surely old logos from years past, right?  Is that included as "alternate"?

greenday61892

Jul 7, 2014, 12:58:10 AM7/7/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
No, actually that's the Nets current design! When Jay-Z helped design the Nets he intentionally went for a more old-school design, as far as I know. A secondary/alternate logo is essentially a logo that's used by a team and is part of their official branding, but isn't their MAIN logo (or primary logo) with which they're usually identified.

greenday61892

Jul 7, 2014, 1:00:21 AM7/7/14
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Also, the only problem I have with upping the time is that as it stands right now a whopping 81% of the people taking the quiz have gotten all 30 answers and the lowest guessed answer is all the way up at 92.4%.