What Stats do you want?

Derek Pharr

Jun 8, 2015, 1:08:37 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

1st off, we fixed the stats bug, sorry about that.

But with stats on the brain, I wanted to ask - what stats would you like to see on your profile?

Right now, we have this list:
Inline image 1
What else would you like to see? The game you have played the most? # of (unique) perfect games played? What would be cool here?

I am mainly just looking for data that you'd like to see exposed. This page is overdue for a UI/feature revamp so look for suggestions for that in another thread later. Right now, I am trying to get a sense of what data you'd like to see from your Sporcling

Thanks
Derek

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products
t: @dpharr

trip...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 1:10:02 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
How many games I've played in each particular category.  (When it's less than 1000, you can get it by checking the badge for each category, but after that I think there's no way to see, and I'd be curious to see what my most-played categories are.)

ZYX

Jun 8, 2015, 1:19:28 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'd be interested in that too.

El_Dandy

Jun 8, 2015, 1:23:03 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Totally agreed with the first reply about games for each category. I also want to see number of unique perfect games played. I'd be curious about the results there.

ZYX

Jun 8, 2015, 1:27:14 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
It's not on topic, Derek, but on PLK's thread about curators I've just said I'd love to see a complete list of Curators and subcategories somewhere on the site. As far as I know there isn't one at present.

Derek Pharr

Jun 8, 2015, 1:29:37 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
OK noted, but let's keep this thread to stats only please.

Caramba

Jun 8, 2015, 1:31:27 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Going right off the wall here: Nominations/Nominations published. May encourage people to promote good quizzes they see.

Derek Pharr

Jun 8, 2015, 1:33:43 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
@Caramba - is that nominations you have made? Nominations you have made that led to a publish?

Caramba

Jun 8, 2015, 1:49:35 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that was what I was thinking. I often forget to nominate a very good quiz.

However, it might lead people to NOT nominate quizzes that they loved but weren't sure of publish-wise, or to nominate something they weren't really that thrilled with but would probably be published (like missing word quizzes)

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Caramba <dhum...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Charging Tiger

Jun 8, 2015, 2:36:39 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I agree on both games played per category and unique perfect games played, and I'd also like to see games played per quiz creator.

Derek Pharr

Jun 8, 2015, 2:37:31 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
games played per quiz creator - how do you mean?

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Charging Tiger <chargi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree on both games played per category and unique perfect games played, and I'd also like to see games played per quiz creator.

Charging Tiger

Jun 8, 2015, 2:40:27 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I worded that poorly. I am thinking of a stat that would tell me how many times I have played one of the quizzes created by a specific user.

zalkon2004

Jun 8, 2015, 2:53:31 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
One thing I'd be interested in is the average quiz results percentage of my total unique quizzes played. To clarify that, if a user played 10 quizzes and got 100% on 5 and 50% on the other 5 they'd have an avg of 75% or .750/10 or however the math/stat geeks would like to write it. I've played over 23000 unique quizzes and I'd be interested in knowing my avg score on each (first) play. If it would only be possible to do this with total (non-unique) plays I'd still be interested in that score as well.

I also like the previous idea mentioned above about "plays per category".

braverobot

Jun 8, 2015, 5:48:27 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, here are some of my ideas (some were already mentioned):

         - number of games played in each category
         - number of games created in each category
         - average games played per day/month/year
         - percentage of unique games played
         - average score achieved
         - average rating received from other users
         - number of comments received on created quizzes
         - total plays of created quizzes
         - number of games of each quiz type played/created (classic, clickable, slideshow etc.)
         - number of EPs, CPs and Publishes; also per category/subcategory

It would also be quite cool to have a tag cloud for created and played games, which would display what topics or types of games a user likes to create and play.
I love stats, so anything is welcome, EXCEPT anything about hours spent on Sporcle, because I don’t want to know that, ever. :D

LTH

Jun 8, 2015, 5:59:20 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
How about quiz creation stats? Total games created, total games published, avg score for all created quizzes, total plays for all created quizzes etc. There are currently no stats for quiz contributions on the profile page. These could be fields that only display if the user has contributed quizzes but would be absent from the profiles of non-contributing users.

PLKphoto

Jun 8, 2015, 7:22:58 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

I really like LTH's idea about quiz creation stats. In addition to the ones mentioned, I'd add that number of CP/EP would also be good to know. Also, number of quizzes in each category. I think at least a basic indication should be on the profile page, but maybe have a more detailed summary at the top of the "contributed" and "published" pages too.

citkeane

Jun 8, 2015, 8:36:21 PM6/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think most people on here make quizzes and are probably going to find quiz creation stats a more interesting addition. Maybe there could be a quiz creation section that becomes visible for users with 1 or more created games? I'm sure there are a ton of cool stats people would enjoy having easy access to.

Struggling to come up with other all user stats that haven't been mentioned. I think average percentage correct is the most interesting of those mentioned so far. Maybe a days active stat or tally could be cool, for example if a user joined 200 days ago it would show the number of days out of that 200 (e.g 134/200) that they have been active (i.e. if they played, commented on or contributed a game on a particular day it's counted as an active day - if none of those activities occurred it was inactive).

Derek Pharr

Jun 9, 2015, 1:40:50 PM6/9/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all, this is very helpful!

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM, citkeane <citize...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I think most people on here make quizzes and are probably going to find quiz creation stats a more interesting addition. Maybe there could be a quiz creation section that becomes visible for users with 1 or more created games? I'm sure there are a ton of cool stats people would enjoy having easy access to.

Struggling to come up with other all user stats that haven't been mentioned. I think average percentage correct is the most interesting of those mentioned so far. Maybe a days active stat or tally could be cool, for example if a user joined 200 days ago it would show the number of days out of that 200 (e.g 134/200) that they have been active (i.e. if they played, commented on or contributed a game on a particular day it's counted as an active day - if none of those activities occurred it was inactive).

Charging Tiger

Jun 9, 2015, 2:17:43 PM6/9/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
We usually are, aren't we? ;-)

Derek Pharr

Jun 9, 2015, 3:03:52 PM6/9/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1

Sheldon

Jun 9, 2015, 11:33:39 PM6/9/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I know I'm absolutely dreaming here, but I'd love to see graphs to display some stats. I've got my own graphs on an excel spreadsheet that track my QM score, plays, and badges earned vs badges existing but since I only started those recently, there are some big holes in the stats (that archive website doesn't have anything for my profile page for an extended period after 2013), plus it would be interesting to see other users' stats.

So as not to clutter the page, it could be a customisable graph that shows different info in different ways (bar, line, pie) when certain buttons are pushed or boxes checked. Of course, this is all more suited to a separate stats page rather than a redesigned user page but it'd still be great.

As for easier stats to display, most of what has been said already is great. I think the three biggest omissions in stats that appear at the top of the user page would be total plays on created quizzes, average rating received and number of ratings given and/or received.

I'd also love to see a reverse of Charging Tiger's idea that shows which users have played your quizzes the most. All of Braverobot's ideas are good, but the last one would be particularly good; the one showing how many EPs, CPs, publishes etc you have in total.

hscer

Jun 10, 2015, 9:11:49 AM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
This tangentially applies to the thread, but it is a stat of sorts--I've long wished to see comment score for each comment on the user's comments pages.

Markassonne

Jun 10, 2015, 11:32:54 AM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Like many already have said, I would love to see quiz creation stats as well. The three topics I would definitely want to see on everyone's profile are: 1 Number of created quizzes, 2 Amount of plays for created quizzes, 3 Average rating for created quizzes.

I'm a big fan of statistics, so any new stats on my profile would be great!

Charging Tiger

Jun 10, 2015, 1:40:24 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in a pie chart that shows my contributed games by category.

RobPro

Jun 10, 2015, 3:21:37 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to have some stats for my quiz creation on there like plays number of faves etc. I know this is on leader board but I wanna show it off :p. Maybe our profile pages could be made more personal if we could add the stats we wants or change order of badges around or something.

RobPro

Jun 10, 2015, 3:23:21 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

RobPro

Jun 10, 2015, 3:23:44 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

RobPro

Jun 10, 2015, 3:23:45 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com

zalkon2004

Jun 10, 2015, 3:30:50 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Stat I'd be scared to know - Total Hours spent on site.

needapausebutton

Jun 10, 2015, 5:05:17 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
^  Much easier to incorporate (fewer columns needed for the digits): Total Hours away.

RobPro

Jun 10, 2015, 5:13:02 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Sorry it seems I posted 4 times? On my phone....

Kazaxat

Jun 10, 2015, 9:58:30 PM6/10/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I have a stats suggestion, though not pertaining to the profile page.

As a quiz creator, I would love if there were a more detailed quiz statistics page, akin to what you're able to see on your YouTube videos. Average time used, graphs displaying # of views/favorites/comments per day, traffic sources (% of plays linked from within Sporcle or from Reddit, Facebook, other), would all be fascinating to see. It could help in improving the quizzes by increasing/decreasing time based on the average used, or get more traffic by noting what method is most successful at sending players.

I'm not sure that any of that is possible for the site right now, but I thought it would be prudent to mention in case Sporcle HQ is looking for further ways to add to the site.

Quizhappy

Jun 11, 2015, 5:24:44 AM6/11/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I would look forward to seeing games played/created per category and # of unique perfect games played (as a number of people above have already stated).

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to see a total of correct answers during our Sporcle lives.  I wonder how many people are over the million mark.

RobPro

guilherme_4

Jun 15, 2015, 8:49:46 PM6/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
How many quizzes I played in last 30 days, or in some specific month of my Sporcle life.

El_Dandy

Jun 15, 2015, 9:12:16 PM6/15/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Technically, this stat is visible (or at least listed in leaderboards) if you play enough games in 30 days.

guilherme_4

Jun 16, 2015, 9:48:09 AM6/16/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
True, but it's unfair that just 100 people out of thousands (millions?) Sporclers have this chance!

Jiangying9

Jun 18, 2015, 6:08:02 PM6/18/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
how many published games i've played compared to total number of published games

guilherme_4

Jun 18, 2015, 6:21:48 PM6/18/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Challenge stats: how many times I played against computer, against other users, how many wins against computer or against users etc.

guilherme_4

Jun 24, 2015, 6:53:26 PM6/24/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
Number of published quizzes and similar things, like: which percentage of published quizzes each category has, what was the year with most publishes...
Message has been deleted

LabinotHarbuzi

Jul 8, 2015, 3:22:40 AM7/8/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
I think I've said it before but I may aswell mention it again, I'd love some sort of overall leaderboard for individual quizzes which would show the highest or quickest time of every registered account that has attempted that quiz, I'm not too bothered about it on published quizzes but on un-published quizzes it would be a very interesting addition in my opinion :)

MoMosMoProblems

Jul 11, 2015, 2:39:04 AM7/11/15
to sporcle-u...@googlegroups.com
The profile wouldn't be the place for it, but I wouldn't mind a ratings breakdown for my quizzes, and not just the average.  I wouldn't need to see it for other people's quizzes, but for my own I would find it interesting to know if, just to give a hypothetical example, an average of three is because most people found it meh and rated it 3, or because some loved it and some loathed it, so it's all 1s and 5s.

31415926535

Jul 22, 2015, 4:45:00 PM7/22/15
to Sporcle University
I'm glad that someone finally asked this question, because I've been thinking of proposing new additions to the profile for a long time.
* Add the user's average percentile of ALL quizzes he/she has played
* Show a featured quiz that the user has made that he/she likes the most OR feature the user's quiz with the most plays.
* Since the 'Average Game Rating Given' stat exists, I propose making a new companion statistic, 'Average Game Rating Received'.
* Give a percentile for the user's percentile for Quizmaster score, as long as it is greater than 10. (or any given number less than 100)
* Put the number of followers (friends count too!) on the user's profile, as long as it's not 0. Obviously, this is an indication of how 'popular' the user is.
Thanks for considering my proposition!

Librarysquirrel

Jul 25, 2015, 5:10:04 AM7/25/15
to Sporcle University, de...@sporcle.com
As a quiz creator I'd be interested in seeing some stats front and center on the profile:  Number of contributed quizzes and published quizzes, average rating received.  Maybe list their top 5 quizzes played right there (in plays or ratings) and most recent so that its quicker for someone interested in a person's quizzes to see them.  I'd also like to see the number of followers/following on the main profile (without clicking on the tabs).  On a quiz level, I see perfect scores on some of my quizzes and am interested to know if its someone following me or some stranger, so I think it would be fun to know who got a perfect score. I also think it would be helpful to see my own activity in the activity stream including games played, created, and recent comments.  Thanks for listening.

RobPro

Aug 17, 2015, 11:34:21 AM8/17/15
to Sporcle University, de...@sporcle.com
I know what I want! I want to see a live counter on our profiles maybe above quizmaster score or between quizmaster score and challenge record that shows the number of plays our quizzes have got. So it is live and ticks up everytime someone submits a score on a quiz you have created ! Thats is easy right :OO

Marie

Oct 2, 2015, 12:39:07 PM10/2/15
to Sporcle University
There are now additional stats on Sporcle profile pages! Thanks for your ideas and feedback on this topic.

And if you're not yet a part of the new Sporcle University Group on the website, check out the post here: http://www.sporcle.com/groups/sporcle-university/topics/76c7d9c588f8/

Marie