Unplayed Quizzes

Ubbiebubbie

Aug 29, 2015, 12:07:03 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Just wanna throw this out there -- I don't know how recent it is, but I love the addition of the "Unplayed Quizzes" section on the front page. It had been in Stats, but this is much more accessible. I know I'm planning on going through and trying to play every quiz with 200K+ plays... :)

mchoeven

Aug 29, 2015, 1:12:00 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Same here. Love this excellent new feature!

trip...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2015, 2:37:40 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Agreed, this is an excellent change.  The only thing that would make it better would be if you could do the same with unplayed Maps, Slideshows, etc.

Charging Tiger

Aug 29, 2015, 4:29:51 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
I also love it. It would also be sweet if there was some way to see unplayed quizzes marked in search results, quizzes listed by subcategory, and quizzes on another user's contributed quizzes list.

Sheldon

Aug 29, 2015, 4:44:35 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
This is absolutely fantastic! It might be nice to be able to see them all somehow or sort them in another way but even without those options, this will be extremely helpful for searching for games for the 1,000 play badges.

Also agree with the two posts above; they'd made great new features too.

But for now, I love this!

zalkon2004

Aug 29, 2015, 7:12:35 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Totally agree with the love for this feature. One of the best updates to Sporcle, to me at least, in a while. Even better than putting Activity (now News Feed, don't really care for the name change. Kind of copying off Facebook in a similar manner to when Quiz Lab was named "Discover" which was a Twitter ripoff but I digress) back on the front page.

After playing Sporcle for over 7 years I know I've missed a lot of quizzes but it was always a chore to find them especially as time passed. I often resorted to "challenging the Sporcle computer" since that often generated games I hadn't yet played. But this list makes each users "unplayed archive" much more accessible. Well done!

Marie

Aug 29, 2015, 9:46:43 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Thanks, everyone. Glad you like the feature! We've talked about adding a filter for game types (Map, Clickable, etc.) So it's good to hear that's something you'd enjoy.

@Zalkon - Regarding Activity > News Feed. We're testing different names. The Activity tab wasn't getting a lot of clicks, so we're trying out a new name to see if more people check it out.

Charging Tiger

Aug 29, 2015, 10:19:02 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
Right now, there's no way to see anything other than the top 15 unplayed quizzes per whatever filter is being used. Has HQ considered adding the ability to see 16-30, 31-45, 46-60 etc.?

zalkon2004

Aug 29, 2015, 10:21:14 PM8/29/15
to Sporcle University
@Marie Understandable

John O'Brien

Aug 30, 2015, 1:56:30 AM8/30/15
to Sporcle University
Charging Tiger,

It was one of the ideas we discussed, but we opted to implement the "simple" version to start with, with our thought being that if you want to see more quizzes... you can just play some of them.

Perhaps that won't end up working out and we'll revisit it, but we wanted to see how this played out first.

Sheldon

Aug 30, 2015, 3:05:47 AM8/30/15
to Sporcle University
I'd like the option to see other pages of unplayed quizzes, but I think the way it is works as well. We don't need to see the rest when we can play the current ones to see more. The challenge page is set up the same way. At a certain point, it'll say "play more challenges to see the rest" or something like that.

A nice little addition would be to have the number of unplayed quizzes left to play somewhere though. I can imagine it would encourage people like me to try to keep up with the new published quizzes added every day. Could be a good advertisement for Sporcle too if it said you still had 30,000 more quizzes to play (or however many published quizzes there are)

Hejman

Aug 30, 2015, 9:20:28 PM8/30/15
to Sporcle University
Add me to the chorus of voices loving this change.  Brilliant use of the tabs.  My only concern about adding other filters would be that I wouldn't want you to clutter something that's currently clean and clear.  Perhaps the list could rotate or, in a 'Pandora' sort of way, you could indicate that you simply have no interest in playing a particular quiz and it would be removed from the list. That would keep the list relevant for each user.

Charging Tiger

Aug 30, 2015, 9:23:42 PM8/30/15
to Sporcle University
Yes, I love the idea of being able to remove quizzes you aren't interested in!

zalkon2004

Aug 30, 2015, 10:37:10 PM8/30/15
to Sporcle University
Really interesting idea by Hejman about being able to selectively remove quizzes, must say I like that. At least an idea to keep in mind for the future possibly.

geshmonkey

Aug 31, 2015, 4:57:32 AM8/31/15
to Sporcle University
I know this is the wrong thread for it [sorry!] but just because we're on topic, maybe there could be a badge for playing every quiz with 1,000,000+ plays? (or 50% if you're making it difficult)

There's only 84 at the moment, and I'll bet you've already played your fair share of them.
- "Thanks A Badge-illion!"
- Millionaire's Mansion
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

MoMosMoProblems

Aug 31, 2015, 8:09:55 PM8/31/15
to Sporcle University
Add me to the chorus of people who like Hejman's idea. As it stands right now, the Unplayed Quizzes tab doesn't hold a lot of interest for me, because chances are that I have come across many, if not most, of these quizzes that have hundreds of thousands of plays in other areas of Sporcle, and if I haven't played them yet, it's because I don't care to. I like that Sporcle is exploring ways to enhance the experience.

Librarysquirrel

Sep 1, 2015, 12:58:02 AM9/1/15
to Sporcle University
I typically play sports quizzes, which can include a variety of sports, many that I'm not interested in.  Perhaps this sort of feature could be available for the categories pages that break it down by topic/tag.

Marie

Sep 18, 2015, 2:08:11 PM9/18/15
to Sporcle University
Update: We just released a change to the Unplayed quizzes tab. You can now filter by quiz type, as well as category. These work in combination with one another. Hope you like it!

Marie

iglew

Sep 21, 2015, 4:50:04 AM9/21/15
to Sporcle University