Spiritual Words.

1 view

Mark Sadek

Mar 23, 2014, 9:41:18 PM3/23/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The beginning of repentance proceeds from fear of God and heedfulness, as the holy Martyr Boniface says (Lives of Saints, Dec. 19): The fear of God is the father of heedfulness, and heedfulness is the mother of inner peace, and the latter gives birth to conscience, which causes the soul to behold its own ugliness as in a certain pure and undisturbed water; and thus are born the beginnings and roots of repentance."

St. Seraphim of Sarov.

"Be merciful to me, O Lord, For I cry to You all day long. Rejoice the soul of Your servant, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul." Psalm 86:3-4

The Bible reading for the 15th of Baramhat, March 24, is:
12 When the day began to wear away, the twelve came and said to Him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here. 13 But He said to them, You give them something to eat. And they said, We have no more than five loaves and two fish, unless we go and buy food for all these people. 14 For there were about five thousand men. Then He said to His disciples, Make them sit down in groups of fifty. 15 And they did so, and made them all sit down. 16 Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the multitude. 17 So they all ate and were filled, and twelve baskets of the leftover fragments were taken up by them. (Luke 9:12-17)
Departure of St. Sarah the nun.
Martyrdom of St. Helias of Hnes.

The Bible reading for the 16th of Baramhat, March 25, is: John 8:12-20
Departure Of The Saint Anba Khail (Mikhail), 46th Pope Of The See Of St. Mark.

Prayer Requests:

The Gendy family.
Mina, I.
The Orthodox community in Olympia, WA

Egypt and the Christians in Egypt and Syria. "Blessed is Egypt My people." Isaiah 19:25

Please pray for the peace of the world.

Please remember me in your prayers.

Mark Sadek

Mar 24, 2014, 9:41:16 PM3/24/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The Word of God is exactly the same as God Himself. For this reason believe without question in each word of the Lord; the word of God is -- deed; and your word must be deed; consequently, having given your word, carry it out without fail; consequently, in prayer, too, our words must be deed and truth, and not falsehood, not simulation, not flattery. So also throughout life."

St. John of Kronstadt.

"Show me a sign for good, That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed." Psalm 86:17

The Bible reading for the 16th of Baramhat, March 25, is:
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said to them, Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me. 19 Then they said to Him, Where is Your Father? Jesus answered, You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. 20 These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and no
one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come. (John 8:12-20)
Departure Of The Saint Anba Khail (Mikhail), 46th Pope Of The See Of St. Mark.

The Bible reading for the 17th of Baramhat, March 26, is: Luke 13:6-9
Departure of Lazarus, the beloved of the Lord.
Commemoration of the Sts. George the ascetic, Belasius the martyr, and Anba Joseph the bishop.
Departure of St. Basilius, Bishop of Jerusalem.
Martyrdom of St. Sedhom Bishay in Domiat.
Departure of beloved Fr. Mikhail Ibrahim.

Mark Sadek

Mar 25, 2014, 10:14:43 PM3/25/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The countenance of God is `the express image of His person' (Heb. 1:3) as we have often said. Those who desire it, do so with their `whole heart,' so that it is possible to contemplate it with a purified heart, and so that, having fixed their gaze on it, they could then say these words as presented. Consider how great are those who will see the face of God. As Jesus has taught you, to whom He has said: `Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God' (Mt. 5:8)."

St. Didymus the Blind.

"For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol. O God, the proud have risen against me." Psalm 86:13-14

The Bible reading for the 17th of Baramhat, March 26, is:
6 He also spoke this parable: A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. 7 Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, `Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?' 8 But he answered and said to him, `Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. 9 `And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.' (Luke 13:6-9)
Departure of Lazarus, the beloved of the Lord.
Commemoration of the Sts. George the ascetic, Belasius the martyr, and Anba Joseph the bishop.
Departure of St. Basilius, Bishop of Jerusalem.
Martyrdom of St. Sedhom Bishay in Domiat.
Departure of beloved Fr. Mikhail Ibrahim.

The Bible reading for the 18th of Baramhat, March 27, is: Luke 13:10-17
Martyrdom of St. Isidore, Friend of Sina the Soldier.

Mark Sadek

Mar 26, 2014, 9:18:15 PM3/26/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The enemy likes to hide the truth and to mix good with evil. But how can one find out the truth? God's goodwill and all our intentions are meek, full of good hope, and undoubting. Not only in our good deeds, but also in our lawlessness, God endures long with meekness and awaits our repentance. And how can one distinguish the impulse of the enemy? The enemy usually hinders us and turns us away from good. However, if in anything which apparently is good, the mind is disturbed and causes us disturbance, banishes the fear of God, deprives us of calmness, so that without any reason the heart aches and the mind wavers, then know that this is an impulse from the enemy and cut it off."

St. Paisius Velichkovsky.

"Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!" Psalm 105:4

The Bible reading for the 18th of Baramhat, March 27, is:
10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity. 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14 But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day. 15 The Lord then answered him and said, Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound--think of it--for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath? 17 And when He said these things, all His adver

saries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him. (Luke 13:10-17)
Martyrdom of St. Isidore, Friend of Sina the Soldier.

The Bible reading for the 19th of Baramhat, March 28, is: John 8:21-27
Martyrdom of St. Aristobulus, the apostle.
Martyrdom of the Sts. Alexander, Agabius, Alexander, Timol (Timolaos), Dionysius, Romulus, and Blesius (Valesius).

Mark Sadek

Mar 27, 2014, 10:41:51 PM3/27/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The blessed and eternal substance of God, `that surpasses all understanding,' contains all perfection within itself and cannot be limited. Hence nothing that is limiting, whether name, or concept or thing, can be considered as His attribute, as, for example, time, place, color, shape, form, mass, magnitude, dimension. But every perfection that He is conceived to have is present to an infinite and unlimited degree. For where evil has no place, Good must be without limit."

St. Gregory of Nyssa.

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, Give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me, And in Your righteousness. Do not enter into judgment with Your servant." Psalm 143:1-2

The Bible reading for the 19th of Baramhat, March 28, is:
21 Then Jesus said to them again, I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come. 22 So the Jews said, Will He kill Himself, because He says, `Where I go you cannot come'? 23 And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins. 25 Then they said to Him, Who are You? And Jesus said to them, Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him. 27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father. (John 8:21-27)
Martyrdom of St. Aristobulus, the apostle.
Martyrdom of the Sts. Alexander, Agabius, Alexander, Timol (Timolaos), Dionysius, Romulus, and Blesius (Valesius).

The Bible reading for the 20th of Baramhat, March 29, is: Matthew 23:14-39
Departure Of the St. Anba Khail (Mikhail), 56th Pope of the See of St. Mark.
Raising of Lazarus from the dead.

The Bible reading for the 21st of Baramhat, March 30, is: John 5:1-18
Commemoration of the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin St. Mary.
Commemoration of the visit of Our Lord Christ to Bethany.
The Consultation of the chief Priests to put the righteous Lazarus to death, whome the Lord raised from the dead.

Mark Sadek

Mar 30, 2014, 9:37:17 PM3/30/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The beginning of repentance proceeds from fear of God and heedfulness, as the holy Martyr Boniface says (Lives of Saints, Dec. 19): The fear of God is the father of heedfulness, and heedfulness is the mother of inner peace, and the latter gives birth to conscience, which causes the soul to behold its own ugliness as in a certain pure and undisturbed water; and thus are born the beginnings and roots of repentance."

St. Seraphim of Sarov.

"Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help." Psalm 35:1-2

The Bible reading for the 22nd of Baramhat, March 31, is:
1 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. (Luke 13:1-5)
Departure of St. Kyrellos (Cyril), Bishop of Jerusalem.
Departure of St. Michael, Bishop of Naqadah.

The Bible reading for the 23rd of Baramhat, April 1, is: Luke 9:18-22
Departure of the Great Prophet Daniel.

Mark Sadek

Mar 31, 2014, 10:17:19 PM3/31/14
to spiritu...@googlegroups.com

"The blessed and eternal substance of God, `that surpasses all understanding,' contains all perfection within itself and cannot be limited. Hence nothing that is limiting, whether name, or concept or thing, can be considered as His attribute, as, for example, time, place, color, shape, form, mass, magnitude, dimension. But every perfection that He is conceived to have is present to an infinite and unlimited degree. For where evil has no place, Good must be without limit."

St. Gregory of Nyssa.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God." Psalm 42:1

The Bible reading for the 23rd of Baramhat, April 1, is:
18 And it happened, as He was alone praying, that His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, Who do the crowds say that I am? 19 So they answered and said, John the Baptist, but some say Elijah; and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again. 20 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? Peter answered and said, The Christ of God. 21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day. (Luke 9:18-22)
Departure of the Great Prophet Daniel.

The Bible reading for the 24th of Baramhat, April 2, is: Luke 11:45-52
The Apparition of the Pure Lady the Virgin in the church of Zeiton.
Departure of Anba Macarius, the Fifty-Ninth Pope of Alexandria.