Generating reports for CI

Cassiano Leal

Sep 17, 2012, 10:47:45 AM9/17/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any way to generate spinach reports that can be consumed/published by CI tools?

I'm specifically thinking JUnit-style reports for publishing on Jenkins, but even an HTML report would do fine.

Any way to do it at the moment? If not, are there any plans to implement it? Last, but not least: can I help with that in any way?

Thanks!
Cassiano Leal

Yi

Sep 17, 2012, 10:51:27 AM9/17/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com

Wonder if anybody has some bandwidth for this

--
Yi
Sent with Sparrow

Cassiano Leal

Sep 17, 2012, 10:54:09 AM9/17/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a lot of time available -- and no knowledge of the spinach codebase --, but I'm willing to help however I can, including with code.

If anyone would take the lead, I'd be more than happy to jump in and help.

--
Cassiano Leal

Yi Wen

Dec 14, 2012, 5:46:40 PM12/14/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
I added a gem https://rubygems.org/gems/spinach-console-reporter https://github.com/ywen/spinach-console-reporter

It gives Jenkins console colored output. Not ideal but an improvement over the original reporter when on Jenkins

Cassiano Leal

Dec 16, 2012, 12:59:42 PM12/16/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't this have been achieved with the AnsiColor Jenkins plugin?

--
Cassiano Leal

Yi

Dec 16, 2012, 1:05:20 PM12/16/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
No, it couldn't with the default reporter. See the screenshot here:  https://github.com/ywen/spinach-console-reporter

--
Yi
Sent with Sparrow

Cassiano Leal

Dec 17, 2012, 5:20:36 AM12/17/12
to spina...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, should have opened the link before posting! :)

Thanks for the gem!

--
Cassiano Leal