Translation of 'Previous' and 'Next' links into French 'Précédent' and 'Suivant'

Marc

Jan 5, 2016, 5:55:15 AM1/5/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hello all, and happy new year 2016!

I'm a new user of Sphinx and of the Restructuredtext format, which I try to
use to write a documentation in French. For now, many things are fine,
except for the 'Previous' and 'Next' links at the end of each page, which
I'd like to appear translated in French as 'Précédent' and 'Suivant'.
Although it certainly is a very common question, that all non-English
documentation writers face one day or another, with a rather simple and well
known answer, I already spent some time googling for how to do this, and I
still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Robert Lehmann

Jan 5, 2016, 6:37:34 AM1/5/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Please note this list is for the development of Sphinx, not for its use.  See sphinx-users for a more appropriate venue.

Nevertheless, the language setting might be what you're looking for. :-)  The proper term for this is “internationalization.”

Cheers,
Robert

Marc

Jan 5, 2016, 9:13:15 AM1/5/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Robert Lehmann <robert <at> robertlehmann.de> writes:

> Hi Marc,
> Please note this list is for the development of Sphinx, not for its use.
See sphinx-users for a more appropriate venue.

> Nevertheless, the language setting might be what you're looking for.  The

proper term for this is “internationalization.”

> Cheers,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying and sorry if I didn't post to the appropriate list. I'll
now have a try on sphinx-users.

Cheers,

Marc