[ANN] pytest-sphinx plugin for running sphinx doctests

Thomas Hisch

Dec 1, 2017, 4:11:02 PM12/1/17
to sphinx-dev
I've developed a pytest plugin, which can be used to run doctests written
using the sphinx doctest directives (see the doctest sphinx extension).  The
main motivation for writing this plugin was that I can now use only one tool
for running my tests instead of running two tools (pytest, sphinx-build with
the mdoctest extension) and merging the generated junit xml files.

The pytest-sphinx plugin is available on pypi and developed on github

It would be great if you could test it and give me some feedback. Note that
this plugin is not yet feature complete. Only a few directives are
supported. I would appreciate if you contribute to it and add support for
more directives ;)