document non-Python dependencies for test suite?

Tim Graham

Apr 16, 2016, 8:20:55 PM4/16/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi,

Following http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/latest/devguide.html, the test suite isn't passing without error for me.

To fix one error, I installed dvipng. I'm attaching the log for two remaining failures: "lualatex exited with return code 1". Hope someone can help decipher the errors.

I think the devguide could also be updated to recommend `pip install -r test-reqs.txt` instead of `pip install nose mock`, correct?

Thanks!
tests-python3.5.1.log

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Apr 18, 2016, 1:58:55 AM4/18/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reporting about devguide.
I've updated the `pip install` line.

For latex, this error is indicated in your error log.

   ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \\u8:\xc3\xa4nh not set up for use with LaTeX.
   See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.

I guess your latex environment doesn't have enough latex package (or something wrong...?).
Actually I can't say what is correct latex environment for sphinx.
Usually I've installed "TeXLive 201x" to test with latex.

--
Takayuki Shimizukawa