search index couldn't be loaded warning ...

Viktor Haag

Sep 6, 2016, 2:21:55 PM9/6/16
to sphinx-dev
After updating to the 1.4.6 build of Sphinx (running on OSX 10.11.6, Python 3.5.2_1 installed via homebrew, Sphinx 1.4.6 and dependencies installed via pip), I am reliably getting this search index warning whenever doing a rebuild of the docs after partial changes.

When I do a `make clean html`, I rebuild from scratch and don't have the issue, but the next time I make a change (sometimes to a single file) and then do `make html` I consistently get the search index couldn't be loaded warning.

I have my BUILDDIR set to a relative path like this (excerpts from the makefile):

SPHINXOPTS =
BUILDDIR = "../pub/internal"
SCOPE = int
PROCOPTS = -j 2

ALLSPHINXOPTIOS = $(PROCOPTS) -d $(BUILDDIR)/$(SCOPE)/doctrees $(SPHINXOPTS)

I have ownership on the entire tree below ../pub/, and have read-write-execute as user, and read-execute as group-other on that tree (and I'm a member of the group that owns the tree). Note that ../pub is actually a symlink to another directory ("/Users/vhaag/outputs/pub"), and internal is a real directory inside that dir.

Anyone have thoughts on how to address this issue and why this could have suddenly started being a problem with 10.4.6? My configuration hasn't changed in the way I'm building these docs for some years.

--
Viktor Haag

Komiya Takeshi

Sep 7, 2016, 2:21:30 AM9/7/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi,

It might be related with this bug: https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues/2902
If true, it will be fixed at HEAD of stable branch (not released yet).

It not, it is a bug of Sphinx-1.4.6.  So please file a issue to github issues.
It would be nice if you have a reproducable sphinx-docs.

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA

2016年9月7日水曜日 3時21分55秒 UTC+9 Viktor Haag:

Viktor Haag

Sep 12, 2016, 10:21:47 AM9/12/16
to sphinx-dev
I have done a quick test with the sphinx-stable branch, and it appears that yes, perhaps the fix for issue 2902 has fixed this problem.

Thank you!

--
Viktor