Installing Sphinx with MySQL 5.7

Mohammed Suleman khan

Dec 14, 2015, 2:00:42 PM12/14/15
to sphinx-dev
hi,

I am trying to install sphinx 2.2.10 release with MySQL 5.7 whenever I am running sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sphinx --with-mysql I have tried with supplying the root location of MySQL installation and also tried with supplying the mysql includes files path still I am getting error :

configuring Sphinx
------------------

checking whether to use dynamic linking for DB drivers... no
checking for CFLAGS needed for pthreads... -pthread
checking for LIBS needed for pthreads... -lpthread
checking for pthreads... found
checking for pthread_mutex_timedlock... yes
checking whether to compile with MySQL support... dynamic
checking for mysql_config... mysql_config
checking for mysql_real_connect... no
checking for mysql_real_connect... no
checking MySQL include files... configure: error: missing include files.

ERROR: cannot find MySQL include files.

Check that you do have MySQL include files installed.
The package name is typically 'mysql-devel'.

If include files are installed on your system, but you are still getting
this message, you should do one of the following:

1) either specify includes location explicitly, using --with-mysql-includes;
2) or specify MySQL installation root location explicitly, using --with-mysql;
3) or make sure that the path to 'mysql_config' program is listed in
   your PATH environment variable.

To disable MySQL support, use --without-mysql option.

can anybody tell me how can I get rid of this problem ? Thanks

孑影

Dec 14, 2015, 7:04:05 PM12/14/15
to sphin...@googlegroups.com

Maybe you need install MySQL develop environmental ? Like msql-dev ...,in python you run this
sudo apt-get install python-mysqldb build-essential python-dev libmysqlclient-dev