Sphinx Internationalisation

Kai Kaßbohm

Apr 18, 2018, 2:05:36 PM4/18/18
to sphinx-dev
Using  http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/intl.html I use gettext and edit po-files for some languages. My question is:

If I change filenames in my rst-documenation - and/or if I change the directory structure: How can I make sure, that these changes are applied to my po-files? It seems, that filenames matter, don't they? What's the standard way so that my translation po-files are always properly mapped to the respective pot files - even if I change filenames?

In other words: From what I read here: http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/intl.html I think, this is useful for a finished rst-file structure. But what, if this structure is subject to change?

Any hints? I am new to internationalisation...

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Apr 18, 2018, 6:19:14 PM4/18/18
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sphinx and sphinx-intl do not have the function of tracking changes in the file structure and reflecting it in the pot/po files.
If you use the translation memory feature in the translation support tools/services, no matter how the file structure changes, you can apply translated messages if the messages are the same.
www.sphinx-doc.org uses transifex as a translation support service.

Regards,
--
Takayuki Shimizukawa

Kai Kaßbohm

Apr 18, 2018, 10:55:29 PM4/18/18
to sphinx-dev
Hi,

thank you. I will look into transifex and use it then.

Regards,
Kai

Kai Kaßbohm

Apr 19, 2018, 12:17:37 AM4/19/18
to sphinx-dev
I see now, that tansifex is not open source... well too bad. Thanks anyway.

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Apr 19, 2018, 5:24:30 AM4/19/18
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
OSS tools are here:

When I reviewed it earlier, I felt that zanata looks good.

2018年4月19日(木) 13:17 Kai Kaßbohm <kass...@gmail.com>:

Kai Kaßbohm

Apr 19, 2018, 5:38:16 AM4/19/18
to sphinx-dev