exception occurred in parser.pxi

koleosfuscus

May 26, 2014, 7:00:45 AM5/26/14
to sphin...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

This is to report the following error. The full traceback is attached. Operating System: Mavericks 10.9.2

Exception occurred:
  File "parser.pxi", line 620, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:91737)
IOError: Error reading file 'doxygen/xml/index.xml': failed to load external entity "doxygen/xml/index.xml"
The full traceback has been saved in /var/folders/yy/rkq4m4r518ngpzz2s5j1bn2h0000gn/T/sphinx-err-BBaxEN.log, if you want to report the issue to the developers.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error message can be provided next time.
or report them in the tracker at <http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issues/>. Thanks!
Running Sphinx v1.1.3
building [man]: all source files
updating environment: 207 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
asphyxiate:DEBUG: Parsing xml: doxygen/xml/index.xml

Exception occurred:
  File "parser.pxi", line 620, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:91737)
IOError: Error reading file 'doxygen/xml/index.xml': failed to load external entity "doxygen/xml/index.xml"

Anyone has experienced a similar error?

Best,
koleosfuscus

sphinx-err-BBaxEN.log

Takayuki Shimizukawa

May 26, 2014, 11:20:27 AM5/26/14
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi koleosfuscus,

The error log says "asphyxiate" extension raise a some kind of error
and unfortunately I'm not familiar to the extension.
Please contact to the author of the extension.

BTW, now this list is for sphinx developers.
The users list has been moved as sphinx-users:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sphinx-users
I think you have a chance to get a useful information at the users
list than here.

Thanks.
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

koleosfuscus

May 27, 2014, 2:26:14 AM5/27/14
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I will try the options you mention. I already "fix" the problem by installing a virtualmachine and building the docs on linux. However, it would be great if I can make this work on mac os.
Best,
koleosfuscus