Creating new non-programming-language domains

Max Rothman

Feb 29, 2016, 5:12:35 PM2/29/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi all! I'm one of the creators of open5e.com. We're using Sphinx to create a reference for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons SRD. I'm exploring creating a custom domain for D&D with directives like "spell", "monster", etc.

My goals for doing so are:
  a) to better control the rendered output of rule definitions (add anchors, set CSS classes, etc.)
  b) to eventually make a JSON builder to expose the info in an API.

I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the Domain API. Any tips on getting started?

Thanks,
Max

Komiya Takeshi

Mar 3, 2016, 9:50:43 PM3/3/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi,

Your project sounds good :-)

>I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the Domain API. Any tips on getting started?

Unfortunately, I don't know that.
But I can help you if you tell me about your troubles in detail.

Thanks,

2016年3月1日火曜日 7時12分35秒 UTC+9 Max Rothman:

Zack Piper

Mar 17, 2016, 11:33:55 AM3/17/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Did you make any progress with this, Max? I've been wondering the same thing, a barebones minimal example would be great.

Max Rothman

Apr 20, 2016, 5:05:46 PM4/20/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi Zach,

Thanks for your interest! I actually have made a lot of progress on this, but it's not terribly presentable yet. I intend to make a blog post once I have a complete example.

Do you have some specific questions I can help you out with?

Also, I've been hanging out in the sphinx channel in the Write the Docs Slack channel (writethedocs.slack.com) and getting help as I work. If you want some help, I'm happy to chat there as well.

Max