Re: [sphinx-dev] open link in new tab

anatoly techtonik

Dec 13, 2014, 7:46:23 AM12/13/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com, sphin...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:58:43 PM UTC+3, Michelle Wetzler wrote:
I want to do the same thing as Alyssa. I think users will prefer to open additional doc pages in new tabs so that they do not lose their spot in our guide. They might not know the key command to open links in new tabs.

I would use target="_blank" in HTML to do this. Is there still no way to do it in Sphinx?

I am third that. Need external links from docs to be opened in new window.

On Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:16:48 AM UTC-7, Georg Brandl wrote:

links with an explicit "new window" target are deprecated in HTML; it
should be the choice of the user where to open the link.

Brought them back after 5 years.

Takayuki Shimizukawa

Dec 13, 2014, 9:57:13 PM12/13/14
to sphin...@googlegroups.com, sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please refer https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/1634/

anatoly techtonik

Dec 13, 2014, 11:47:39 PM12/13/14
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com, sphin...@googlegroups.com
Marked as resolved. Can Sphinx add custom style to a certain kind of
links? Regex matching doesn't look like a effective solution to me.

$(document).ready(function() {
$("a[href^='http']").attr('target','_blank');
});
> Google Groups "sphinx-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sphinx-users/NnZVh2X79co/unsubscribe.