[ANN] Directive for Ansible Playbook

Mhd Sulhan

Oct 2, 2016, 4:16:33 AM10/2/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just want to share a custom directive for Ansible playbook, so you can
include the playbook file directly and it will automatically show the
top comment as the content and the rest as embedded code.

The script and instruction is at Github gist [1], an example of
screenshot is at imgur [2].

Lastly, I would like to say thank you for all developers who create
and maintain Sphinx software, even its bit painfull when trying
to extending it (due to lack of documentation).

Shulhan
--
[1] https://gist.github.com/shuLhan/e51024a01bc5a485dee4c81ad13b55c4
[2] http://imgur.com/gallery/AYY84

Konstantin Molchanov

Oct 5, 2016, 12:34:39 AM10/5/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi!

Looks useful, thanks! Why not make it a proper sphinxcontrib package and post it on PyPI?

shirou

Oct 5, 2016, 1:02:35 AM10/5/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It looks very good!

I also have same motivation, use ansible playbook from Sphinx.
So I created sphinxcontrib_ansibleautodoc
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sphinxcontrib_ansibleautodoc

Unlike your tool, this extension searches one task and render only it.
This is because I just want embed some tasks in a document.

Hope it is useful for someone. And if you find some bugs, please file
an issue at github
(https://github.com/shirou/sphinxcontrib-ansibleautodoc)

Thanks,
WAKAYAMA Shirou

Komiya Takeshi

Oct 6, 2016, 4:58:28 AM10/6/16
to sphinx-dev
Hi,

Good extension :-)
It would be nice if you post announce to sphinx-users list.

Many users will welcome your extension.

Thanks,

2016年10月2日日曜日 17時16分33秒 UTC+9 Shulhan:

Shulhan

Oct 8, 2016, 12:30:42 AM10/8/16
to sphinx-dev
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 11:34:39 AM UTC+7, Konstantin Molchanov wrote:
Hi!

Looks useful, thanks! Why not make it a proper sphinxcontrib package and post it on PyPI?

I am not particularly familiar with Python packaging. This directive is mostly "monkey patched", written with trial and error, by looking at how another directive. But, if I have time I will look into it.

Shulhan

Oct 8, 2016, 12:34:38 AM10/8/16
to sphinx-dev

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 3:58:28 PM UTC+7, Komiya Takeshi wrote:
Hi,

Good extension :-)
It would be nice if you post announce to sphinx-users list.

Many users will welcome your extension.

Ah, I did not know there is a user group (the Sphinx website did not mention it [1]). Sorry, if this is not the right group for posting this.

[1] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/develop.html