Adding Custom Word Splitter for English Search

Roxanne Moslehi

Nov 15, 2016, 2:02:57 PM11/15/16
to sphin...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I had a question about this pull request, which I will be working on fixing. I also added a comment on the PR but wanted to reach out here, as well.

Just to restate my question, I wanted to clarify what is desired for adding the custom word splitter to search. I realize there are 3 specific splitter options for the Japanese language. Are you asking for a similar custom splitter within the English language (so introducing a custom splitter class the users can specify with the splitter name rather than providing a specific regex pattern in html_search_options)? Or, instead, are you asking that we give users the option to provide a custom regex pattern to use as the splitter for any of the available languages rather than just English?

Feel free to reply to this e-mail or directly to my comment on the PR.

Thanks & look forward to hearing back!

-Roxanne