How to get specs2 command line arguments and nocolor to actually work?

Niko Vuokko

Apr 27, 2015, 8:30:07 AM4/27/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
I'm running specs2 3.1.1 tests with Maven Surefire and would like the output not to have colors.
The documentation says that using -Dspecs2.commandline="nocolor" should work, but it doesn't and neither does any imaginable variation of the same idea,
for example specs2.nocolor, specs2.console=nocolor, specs2.commandline="nocolor=true", specs2.commandline="color=false".

How should it actually work?

Thanks

etorreborre

Apr 27, 2015, 6:33:33 PM4/27/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niko,

This is confusing I agree. If you try -Dspecs2.color=false it should work ok.

Eric.

Niko Vuokko

Apr 28, 2015, 7:45:06 AM4/28/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that seems to work, thanks!
The color variable seems to bemissing from
https://etorreborre.github.io/specs2/guide/SPECS2-3.5/org.specs2.guide.ArgumentsReference.html
.

etorreborre

Apr 28, 2015, 8:12:05 AM4/28/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am going to fix the guide but also the code because I think there is a bug when using "nocolor" from system properties.

Thanks.