FatalException on skipped, pending and todo specs since upgrading to 3.6.2

benj...@needstyping.com

Jun 30, 2015, 9:24:10 AM6/30/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
Since upgrading from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2 some of our specs now fail with

    Fatal execution error, caused by todo

(todo is the string passed to pending method)

This appears to be the case for skipped, pending and todo specs.

Is this a new behaviour and if so how should one now skip specs?

Cheers

Ben

benj...@needstyping.com

Jun 30, 2015, 9:40:57 AM6/30/15
to specs2...@googlegroups.com
Turns out it was actually caused by some code we had in an around (that was previously working in 3.6.1)

override def around[T: AsResult](t: => T): Result = try {

   debug(s"+ Created $database in spec $getClass")

   AsResult.effectively(t)

 } finally {

   debug(s"x Dropping $database")

   closeMongo

 }

We dropped the .effectively so we now have

override def around[T: AsResult](t: => T): Result = try {

   debug(s"+ Created $database in spec $getClass")

   AsResult(t)

 } finally {

   debug(s"x Dropping $database")

   closeMongo