Web Programming for GIS

Mike Miller

Apr 17, 2017, 9:23:53 AM4/17/17
to SpatiaLite Users
I recently published a course on Web Programming for GIS applications.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, the pertinent information is below.

Course is 13.5 hours long and covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Leaflet, Turf.js, PHP, SQL, and PostGIS.

Obviously this is not intended to be a full treatment of all of the above topics.  Rather my intention was to provide enough information about each to understand how they work together to create a web mapping application.

I wrote this to fill in the gaps between all these technologies that get missed when taking a full course on the individual pieces.  In short, its the course that I wish was available when I set out to learn how to develop web GIS applications without paying exorbitant amounts of money to ESRI.  Although the examples use open source technologies, most of the information is applicable to commercial web mapping API's as well.

This course is intended to be background for more advanced courses on Leaflet, PostGIS, and mobile data collection applications.

The course has been published on the Udemy platform. Once purchased, the course will be available forever, and you can start whenever you want and work as fast or as slow as you need.  You can even download the lectures to a mobile device for off-line viewing.

I am offering a coupon for 50% off below. ($50 total)

Non-profits and students are eligible for an additional 25% off ($25 total). Just send me an email at millermo...@gmail.com and tell me how you use GIS to make the world a better place.  All proceeds from the sale of this course will go towards providing geospatial support for conservation organizations in Latin America.

Thanks, and please help me spread the word.

Mike Miller