relese: spatialite 4.3.0 final candidate

sandro furieri

Jun 26, 2015, 6:13:34 PM6/26/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

the second release candidate (RC1) is now available and it's
intended to be the final candidate immediately preceding
the "stable" 4.3.0 release.

----------
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-4.3.0-RC1.tar.gz
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-4.3.0-RC1.zip

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-tools-sources/spatialite-tools-4.3.0-RC1.tar.gz
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-tools-sources/spatialite-tools-4.3.0-RC1.zip

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-gui-sources/spatialite_gui-2.0.0-devel.tar.gz
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-gui-sources/spatialite_gui-2.0.0-devel.zip

pre-built binaries for Windows platforms are available from:
------------
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86-test/
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-amd64-test/

CHANGELOG:
---------------------
- accepted several patches submitted by Debian maintainers and
  mainly intended to enhance the configuration files
  (soname, automake, ./configure, pkg-configm typos and alike)

- definitely fixed a Makefile.vc intended to support the MSVC compiler

- spatialite-tools for Windows now directly incorporates the recently
  patched OSM reader.

- spatialite_gui for Windows now accepts *.db as a valid suffix for SQLite
  database-files (a check based on magic number will be always performed
  before effectivly attempting to connect the db-file).

enjoy Sandro

linux...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 9:24:47 AM6/27/15
On Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 12:13:34 AM UTC+2, sandro furieri wrote:
- accepted several patches submitted by Debian maintainers and
  mainly intended to enhance the configuration files
  (soname, automake, ./configure, pkg-configm typos and alike)

Thanks applying the patches from Debian in these new releases.

While reviewing the changes I noticed a small typo in a comment, which you can fix with:

sed -i 's/omly/only/g' src/shapefiles/validator.c

Kind Regards,

Bas

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 27, 2015, 10:17:31 AM6/27/15
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 06:24:47 -0700 (PDT), linux...@gmail.com wrote:
> While reviewing the changes I noticed a small typo in a comment,
> which
> you can fix with:
>
> sed -i 's/omly/only/g' src/shapefiles/validator.c

thx ;-)

linux...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2015, 4:17:24 PM6/27/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 12:13:34 AM UTC+2, sandro furieri wrote:

While updating the spatialite-gui package for Debian I ran into a build failure with -Werror=format-security.

The attached patch fixes the issue, but I'm not entirely sure if the wxCharBuffer change is the correct fix.
It follows the advice from the wxWiki (Converting everything to and from wxString - wxString to char*).

Kind Regards,

Bas
format-security.patch

mj10777

Jun 28, 2015, 2:33:55 AM6/28/15

On Saturday, 27 June 2015 00:13:34 UTC+2, sandro furieri wrote:
Hi list,

the second release candidate (RC1) is now available and it's
intended to be the final candidate immediately preceding
the "stable" 4.3.0 release.

----------
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-4.3.0-RC1.tar.gz
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-4.3.0-RC1.zip

Had no problem building for android
- would, however, suggest renaming 'Android.mk' to 'Android_3.0.2.mk

The name 'Android.mk' is for 'ndk-build'
- what 'makefile' is for make
-- it will only look for that file when running

Mark

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 29, 2015, 4:52:37 AM6/29/15
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 23:33:55 -0700 (PDT), mj10777 wrote:
> Had no problem building for android
> - would, however, suggest renaming 'Android.mk' to 'Android_3.0.2.mk'
>
> The name 'Android.mk' is for 'ndk-build'
> - what 'makefile' is for make
> -- it will only look for that file when running

Hi Mark,

it's now fixed in the Fossil repository

thx,
Sandro

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 29, 2015, 5:00:14 AM6/29/15
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 13:17:24 -0700 (PDT), linux...@gmail.com wrote:
> While updating the spatialite-gui package for Debian I ran into a
> build failure with -Werror=format-security.

wow, yet another gcc flag ... I missed this ;-)

> The attached patch fixes the issue, but I'm not entirely sure if the
> wxCharBuffer change is the correct fix.
> It follows the advice from the wxWiki (Converting everything to and
> from wxString - wxString to char* [3]).

all right, accepted and committed into the Fossil repository.
updated source tarballs are available from here:

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-gui-sources/spatialite_gui-2.0.0-devel.tar.gz
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-gui-sources/spatialite_gui-2.0.0-devel.zip

please read my separate post about spatialite_gui-2.0.0-devel and
./configure --enable-rl2extra

thx,
Sandro