DLL Hell with Windows 10, Java JDBC, and Eclipse

Rich MacDonald

May 19, 2017, 11:10:36 PM5/19/17
to SpatiaLite Users
I've been spending some time trying to install spatialite and sqlite in my windows 10 java eclipse development environment.
I've had some success, but am not yet in an acceptable state.
Given how tricky the dll-hell problem is, I thought I'd post my experiences. It doesn't appear to be a solved problem.

My requirements are that I deploy to clients where modifying the PATH, or dropping the dlls in the SYSTEM directory is not acceptable.
So I have to get the Djava.library.path approach to work. I cannot.

Short story is that I can only run spatialite when I drop the dlls in the root directory of the java app.
I cannot run when the dlls are located anywhere else.

Comments welcome.

Duncan

May 22, 2017, 1:43:56 AM5/22/17
to SpatiaLite Users
I can confirm that I have the same problem using System.Data.SQLite with .Net
Works fine from the project root

Duncan

Duncan

May 22, 2017, 1:51:04 AM5/22/17
to SpatiaLite Users
Actually it seems to be the link to libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll which causes the problem. Or at least it is the first error
It claims to be missing but isn't.

dusan pecek

May 22, 2017, 12:30:35 PM5/22/17
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

perhaps my findings of using sqllite in .NET environment can be of some of some help.
I was unable to get access of sqllite db file until the following dlls were in application directory:
  • sqlite.interop.dll
  • System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
  • System.Data.SQLite.dll
  • msvcr100.dll
Please not that I am not using spatialite. Just sqllite.

Best regards,
Dusan