2015 roadmap

sandro furieri

Jun 29, 2015, 5:28:39 AM6/29/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
what you can legitimately expect to be released before the end
of the current year or during the very first months in 2016.

A) librasterlite2 1.0.0 "stable" will be finally released;
   we are not too far from reaching the final configuration.
   approximatively just one or two months of development are
   still required in order to complete the work (and even
   more important: in order to update and improve all the
   accompanying documentation, tutorials and alike).

B) immediately after releasing librasterlite2-1.0.0 "stable"
   also spatialite_gui-2.0-0 "stable" will be finally ready
   to be released (please see my other post more specifically
   focused on spatialite_gui for more details).

C) last comes the most exciting announcement: SpatiaLIte is
   going during 2015 to implement full support for ISO-compliant
   Topologies (obviously based on SQL/MM standards).

Development priorities and milestones:

1) development related to Topology will have the highest priority:
   a first preliminary "testing" version will be possibly released
   in September and the final "stable" version is scheduled to be
   released in November.

2) so any development activity on librasterlite2 will be postponed
   until the final release of the Topology module, and will resume
   only in December.

bye Sandro