Accessing Spatialite Database from webserver

Kamal Mohemed

Apr 7, 2016, 2:11:15 AM4/7/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi to everyone,

I need a help, for how to access the spatiallite database which created and deployed in desktop and try to access it via webserver to android mobile application. Kindly please give all you attention and help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
Kamal.M

a.fu...@lqt.it

Apr 7, 2016, 7:36:55 AM4/7/16
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kamal,

short answer: no, you can't

long answer: SpatiaLite is fully based on SQLite, and SQLite
is the most typical example of a "personal" DBMS (local,
single-user) not being based on the most common client-server
architecture (distributed and multi-user).

this practically means that any SQLite database is usually
expected to be installed on the same machine running the application
(in your case: on the Android mobile device), and that only a
single user is expected to directly access the db.

if your Android application absolutely requires to access a
remote database using a web connection then spatialite isn't
your best choice.
Using instead a more sophisticated client-server multi-users
Spatial DBMS (as PostgreSQL+PostGIS) adequately supported by
a WebGIS infrastructure (possibly based on MapServer or GeoServer
on the server side, and on OpenLayers or Leaflet on the client
side) will presumably be a more appropriate solution.

bye Sandro

Kamal Mohemed

Apr 7, 2016, 8:59:15 AM4/7/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi Sandro,

Ok, But i would like to know the spatialite database connection via an I-jetty Mobile Web server. I tried Sqlite-JDBC.3.8.7.jar to load the spatialite database, but it shows error. So i required help like, how to access the spatialite database either Sqlite JDBC library or SQLDriod library connection, or how to load the spatialite database in native android sqlite for I-Jetty Android Web server.

andrea antonello

Apr 7, 2016, 9:02:03 AM4/7/16
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kamal,
maybe this might be of help;

If you have corrections or nice additions, let me know.

Cheers,
Andrea

Kamal Mohemed

Apr 11, 2016, 9:54:09 AM4/11/16
to SpatiaLite Users

Hi Andrea,

I saw the link for the example of spatialite with java it's pretty good, but the sqlite-jdbc.jar file won't work in android if i am not wrong.
So as per the android structure the library files under "lib" folder can be loaded default when we install the apk , so to solve my problem another possibly way is, how to load the libjsqlite.so file from sd card or external storage.
Then which one is mandatory to load for spatial query operation either "spatialite-android-jar" or "libjsqlite.so"?