Is WFS paging supposed to work with spatialite-gui

Jukka Rahkonen

Nov 1, 2016, 7:37:19 AM11/1/16
to Spatialite Users
Hi,

I was trying to read a large feature type from a WFS server with
spatialite-gui but failed because it told me that the server does not
support STARTINDEX.

I had a look on the request that spatialite-gui was sending:

http://avoindata.maanmittauslaitos.fi/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&version=2.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=mtk:jarvi&srsName=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067&maxFeatures=1&startIndex=100

This is a WFS 2.0 query with "startIndex" but without "count". Instead
the query has masFeatures from WFS 1.0.0. and 1.1.0. If I understand
right this query starts reading data from feature number 100 and tries
to get all the data till the end of the feature type because maxFeatures
is not known to WFS 2.0 and therefore the WFS server is just skipping
it. If the query is made right the server behaves as it should:

http://avoindata.maanmittauslaitos.fi/geoserver/wfs?service=WFS&version=2.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=mtk:jarvi&srsName=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067&count=1&startIndex=100

I was testing with spatialite-gui 4.4.0-RC0 on Windows (2015-12-13). I
suppose that it is the latest version that is available for Windows.

-Jukka Rahkonen-