new Release: VirtualPG 1.0.2

Alessandro Furieri

Jun 3, 2017, 7:19:26 AM6/3/17
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi List,

As it recently emerged the previous VirtualPG 1.0.1
was affected by a critical bug causing a program crash
if the targeted Postgres Table didn't existed (wrong
or misspelled Schema/Table names).
The patched 1.0.2 version resolves this issue.

Users, developers and packagers/maintainers are warmly
recommended to quickly adopt the latest 1.0.2 version.

bye Sandro

Arooj Ahmed

Jun 28, 2017, 10:59:42 AM6/28/17
to SpatiaLite Users
Thanks for sharing this.
I am new to VirtualPG and Spatialite.
I need guidance related to my project. Will be grateful, if you can share your expert opinion:

- I have to setup data sharing mechanism between server (PostgreSQL+postgis with Geodjango as a web server) and client (Android app with local Spatialite database).
- Idea is that whenever, there is new version of database on the server side, it should be updated on the client side.
- Client is an offline application. So whenever there is a network connection, updated version of the server database (PostgreSQL + postgis) should be uploaded on the client side database (Spatialite).

I found virtualpg relevant as it claims to streamline the data exchange between above mentioned Spatial Database.
I have postgis and PostgreSQL installed on Ubuntu.
I have spatialite 3.19.3
with virtualpg 1.0

unable to execute this command in SQLite "SELECT load_extension('mod_virtualpg');"
Error Message is : cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I tried this command as well (recommended in virtualpg tutorial)

SELECT load_extension ('usr/local/lib/mod_virtualpg.so', 'sqlite3_virtualpg_init');
Error Message: undefined symbol "sqlite3_virtualpg_init"

please guide.