Spatio-temporal raster

Vittorio Maniezzo

Nov 8, 2016, 9:47:11 AM11/8/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Now I have a series of images of the same area taken in successive days, and I'd like to do something like computing an average of the pixel of one same subregion across a time-defined subset of the images (say, all the last month images).
Any better way than uploading a raster for each image? How could I select all rasters within the time interval?
Thanks,

Vittorio

mj10777

Nov 8, 2016, 10:04:11 AM11/8/16
to SpatiaLite Users

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 15:47:11 UTC+1, Vittorio Maniezzo wrote:
Now I have a series of images of the same area taken in successive days, and I'd like to do something like computing an average of the pixel of one same subregion across a time-defined subset of the images (say, all the last month images).
Any better way than uploading a raster for each image? How could I select all rasters within the time interval?
Are you sure that you sent this message to the right forum?
- this sounds more like a gdal question (assuming the rasters are georeferenced)

Mark
Thanks,

Vittorio

Vittorio Maniezzo

Nov 8, 2016, 10:45:25 AM11/8/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Well, I'd like to use spatialite to do the work (as I am doing now). And yes, raster are georeferenced.

v.

David Anderson

Nov 8, 2016, 5:25:00 PM11/8/16
to SpatiaLite Users
I think it sounds more like an array processing problem where something like Numpy would be better suited.  Gdal or Rasterio could help with getting the raster data into numpy.  Out of the box Python functionality could handle the image file management.

David