Android - Latest Spatialite libary and Sqlite with LoadExtension enabled for Xamarin and C#

Jim

Mar 24, 2015, 9:32:47 PM3/24/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
I've been through all of the "Android" posts and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

My requirement is to use Spatialite via Sqlite in an Android app written in C# using Xamarin.

A  Xamarin supported version of Sqlite for Android that enables LoadExtension and an Android Spatialite extension library will work.

I need a full-function version of Spatialite at the latest version for Android supporting all hardware (armeabi, armeabi-v7, and x86).

Of course, any ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Jim

Duncan

Mar 27, 2015, 4:15:49 AM3/27/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

You could try the link to the Android port from this page

I'm pretty sure Xamarin uses the installed Android version of SQLite which pretty well has no options enabled. It's all built in to this one

Duncan

JaakL

Mar 28, 2015, 4:37:31 AM3/28/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

You would need separate sqlite, cannot use Android one. There are two ways to integrate it:

a) simpler: via Java bindings. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20419390/how-to-use-spatialite-with-xamarin-on-android/20419391#20419391

b) faster (in runtime): with sqlite C# bindings, adding spatialite to it. This removes JNI penalty.

Jaak
Message has been deleted

rolandoK

Apr 21, 2015, 5:58:35 PM4/21/15
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone created the c# bindings class for this - as described by Jaak above? And are they willing to share?