Open the command window in spatialite_gui

stoerte...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2016, 7:04:35 PM12/5/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi users,

I don't know how but I closed the window to insert the SQL commands in the spatialite_gui and I can't find a way, to open it again. Also my professor and my fellow students have no idea how to do.

Knows anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

mj10777

Dec 5, 2016, 9:54:34 PM12/5/16
to SpatiaLite Users

On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 01:04:35 UTC+1, stoerte...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi users,

I don't know how but I closed the window to insert the SQL commands in the spatialite_gui and I can't find a way, to open it again. Also my professor and my fellow students have no idea how to do.
Has it really been closed or is it 'floating' about somewhere?
When it is 'floating' about, then you
- place the mouse on the shaded portion on the left side
--> press the left mouse button and drag it to the top of the sql-results window

It should then insert itself into the main window again.

Mark

a.fu...@lqt.it

Dec 6, 2016, 3:55:13 AM12/6/16
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:04:35 -0800 (PST), stoerte...@gmail.com
wrote:
> Hi users,
>
> I don't know how but I closed the window to insert the SQL commands
> in
> the spatialite_gui and I can't find a way, to open it again. Also my
> professor and my fellow students have no idea how to do.
>
> Knows anybody a solution?

Hi Andreas,

the simplest way to resolve this issue is removing the registry where
the persistent settings of spatialite_gui are stored.
next time you'll start the app it will automatically discover that
the registry doesn't exists and consequently a brand new register
initialized to default values will be installed (exactly as it
happens when you install spatialite_gui for the first time).

removing the registry is a basically simple operation, but there
is a little complication: practical implementations completely
differ on Windows and Linux.

Windows platforms:
==================
1. close first all running instances of spatialite_gui
2. launch the regedit.exe system tool
3. search for the following registry key:.
Computer / HKEY_CURRENT_USERS / Software / SpatialiteGui
4. remove the key and all child subkeys
5. exit from regedit.exe
6. restart spatialite_gui
all windows and panels will be now restored to their
initial default settings.

Linux (and other *nix) platforms:
=================================
1. close first all running instances of spatialite_gui
2. open a command shell and go to your working directory
3. search for this hidden registry file:
ls -la .SpatialiteGui
4. remove the hidden registry file:
rm .SpatialiteGui
5. restart spatialite_gui
all windows and panels will be now restored to their
initial default settings.
(it should work even on MacOsX, may be requiring some
small adaption)

bye Sandro

stoerte...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2016, 11:18:51 AM12/6/16
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi,

thanks at both of you!

It really was away, so that I can't grab it or drag with the mouse at the edges of the frames.

But Sandros solution to delete the keys in the registry works perfectly.

Andreas