Spatialite

maria

May 16, 2017, 11:26:03 PM5/16/17
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi,My supervisor asks me to do research upon why Spatialite is becoming obsolete project lately as there is no more development activities? Should we keep using it or migrate to another sql software?

"Caveat: this is an obsolete project no longer supported by any development activity.This HTML page is just intended for historical documentation purposes and not for any real usage."

robertoangeletti

May 17, 2017, 1:15:19 AM5/17/17
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com

Inviato da iPhone

> Il giorno 17 mag 2017, alle ore 05:26, maria <mariagu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Hi,My supervisor asks me to do research upon why Spatialite is becoming obsolete project

This is not SpatiaLite project, but "SpatiaLite-gis", that was an application GIS example.

Instead, SpatiaLite core project is very active.
Do not worry :)

Regards

Roberto

mj10777

May 17, 2017, 2:02:02 AM5/17/17
to SpatiaLite Users

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 05:26:03 UTC+2, maria wrote:
Hi,My supervisor asks me to do research upon why Spatialite is becoming obsolete project lately as there is no more development activities?
 Although it is true that since the last release (4.3.0a) that 20 months have passed, it would be incorrect to assume that there is a lack of development activities.
The intended version (4.4.0) was not released last year because of quality issues.
A major goal of that version was to support the ISO/IEC 13249-3 Topology standard, based on the rt-topo library.

Extensive quality tests from outside sources showed, that a release at that point could not be made.
So most of the development work until about March was in this direction.

At present a Spatialite 4.5.0 is being prepared, a full description of which can be found here:

current state of the art and 2017 roadmap:

Should we keep using it or migrate to another sql software?
No.

"Caveat: this is an obsolete project no longer supported by any development activity.This HTML page is just intended for historical documentation purposes and not for any real usage."

This was a portion of the (then called) 'RasterLite' portion of the Spatialite project.
It has been completely replaced with 'RasterLite2', which is now in its final stage of development:

These summaries should assist you on your research for your supervisor.

Mark