make fails. freexl.h missing

Milo van der Linden

Feb 25, 2012, 3:49:00 PM2/25/12
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi all,

I ran:

./configure --enable-freexl=no

then I did:

make

make halts with an error:

shapefiles.c:65:20: fatal error: freexl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [shapefiles.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Downloads/libspatialite-3.0.1/
src/shapefiles'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Downloads/libspatialite-3.0.1/
src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I feel this is a bug as I clearly told the configuration to be
independent of freexl. I am trying to build from the current
libspatialite-3.0.1.tar.gz

Please let me know how to file this bug

Brad Hards

Feb 25, 2012, 5:52:37 PM2/25/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday 26 February 2012 07:49:00 Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I ran:
>
> ./configure --enable-freexl=no
>
> then I did:
>
> make
>
> make halts with an error:
Thanks for the report.

I believe this is already fixed in trunk (but not released).

The fix is just to use include guards around the header #include and also
around the load_XL() function.

Here is an example:
#ifndef OMIT_FREEXL
#include <freexl.h>
#endif

Note that you also need to do this around load_XL()

You could also just clone from fossil until the next release.

Brad

Brad Hards

Feb 25, 2012, 5:57:13 PM2/25/12
On Sunday 26 February 2012 09:52:37 Brad Hards wrote:
> The fix is just to use include guards around the header #include and also
> around the load_XL() function.
>
> Here is an example:
> #ifndef OMIT_FREEXL
> #include <freexl.h>
> #endif
>
> Note that you also need to do this around load_XL()
My apologies. The guard is already around load_XL() in 3.0.1. So you only need
the guard around the header include.

This is the change that addressed it:
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/info/3d39e95bc2

Brad

Paolo Corti

Jun 13, 2012, 10:54:32 AM6/13/12

Il giorno sabato 25 febbraio 2012 23:52:37 UTC+1, Brad Hards ha scritto:
On Sunday 26 February 2012 07:49:00 Milo van der Linden wrote:

Thanks for the report.

I believe this is already fixed in trunk (but not released).

Hi
I am getting the same error from the official 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 download.
It seems that the  --enable-freexl=no option has no effect.
I had to download and compile freexl, after that I could successfully install libspatialite.
I would suggest to make effective that option as in many circumstances freexl is not needed
thanks for support

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 15, 2012, 4:38:59 AM6/15/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Carissimo Paolo,

it's already fixed into the Fossil repository: it could be
a good opportunity for you to test Fossil thus discovering
how it's nice and lovely ;-)

fossil clone https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite
libspatialite.fossil
mkdir libspatialite
cd libspatialite
fossil open ../libspatialite.fossil
./configure
make
sudo make install-strip

spero che prima o poi alla fine riusciremo a vederci di
persona davanti ad una bella Amatriciana [*] ;-)

Sandro

[*] for non-italian speakers: I'm simply attempting to
force Paolo inviting me to eat the finest dish of the
roman traditional cuisine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugo_all%27amatriciana

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'