libspatialite for iOS - size issue

Ryan Gartin

Dec 2, 2016, 3:13:50 PM12/2/16
to SpatiaLite Users
I have followed the instructions here https://github.com/gstf/libspatialite-ios to create the libraries for iOS. I tested out a barebones app build and it makes the minimum app size 112mb!

I really only need the very basic features like bounding box queries. Is there a way to modify the make file to slim this down?

Thanks!

a.fu...@lqt.it

Dec 2, 2016, 3:50:03 PM12/2/16
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

please note: https://github.com/gstf/libspatialite-ios is a different
project, it's completely independent and it has no direct connections
with https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite

it would be probably more useful if you'll post any questions about
specific iOS issues directly to the authors and maintainers of
https://github.com/gstf/libspatialite-ios

that said, 112 MB of binary code seems to be an unbelievable high
figure for libspatialite alone.
I have no direct experience about iOS, but I can ensure you that
the current Windows x86 binaries (full fledged build including
topology and any other advanced feature) just require 14 MB;
spatialite_gui (a feature rich application supporting a rich and
sophisticated graphical interface) scores about 31 MB.
such figures noticeably differ from what you are reporting
about iOS.

bye Sandro